cotgsl6.gif

vUID6qY.png

DQmOLN4.png

Good or bad? Any tips for improvement? Thanks. :p

Last edited:

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
They look a bit messy and all over the place and tacky.

The 3rd one would be the best if you didn't keep with all of those frank signs.

Lost

in the sauce
Jan 17, 2016
They look a bit messy and all over the place and tacky.

The 3rd one would be the best if you didn't keep with all of those frank signs.
Thanks for your feedback, although I was hoping for someone's professional opinion and not the opinion on the most hated 12 year old in the community.

Kilo

The King.
Jan 6, 2016
Thanks for your feedback, although I was hoping for someone's professional opinion and not the opinion on the most hated 12 year old in the community.
When it comes to designing, any feedback is helpful. Disregard one's status within the community, accept it and adapt it towards your progress.
I'd say, when you're creating your banners leave some space instead of trying to fill up everywhere. When it comes to adding little descriptions, such as "Join Today" and "So much fun" on the 3rd banner, use normal fonts not Habbo fonts, it makes the banner look fairly messy and un-organised. I appreciate your attempt to ensure the banners don't look plain, which I'd say you've made a fair attempt at doing so with the 2nd banner, it stands out to me the most. Overall, there is progress and development to be made, but practice makes perfect.

Lost

in the sauce
Jan 17, 2016
No need to be butthurt.
No, just don't waste your time commenting, your feedback isn't necessary. Thanks.
When it comes to designing, any feedback is helpful. Disregard one's status within the community, accept it and adapt it towards your progress.
I'd say, when you're creating your banners leave some space instead of trying to fill up everywhere. When it comes to adding little descriptions, such as "Join Today" and "So much fun" on the 3rd banner, use normal fonts not Habbo fonts, it makes the banner look fairly messy and un-organised. I appreciate your attempt to ensure the banners don't look plain, which I'd say you've made a fair attempt at doing so with the 2nd banner, it stands out to me the most. Overall, there is progress and development to be made, but practice makes perfect.
Thanks for the feedback, your opinion is actually helpful. I disagree with plain texts, if it were any other text it would look like complete trash and not remotely "retro-like" and the people who've used them so far agree, the only setback is that they are eerily too similar when multiple owners have them in use which I understand completely. I'll try to make more plain ones that are just as appealing though, thanks again.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
No, just don't waste your time commenting, your feedback isn't necessary. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, your opinion is actually helpful. I disagree with plain texts, if it were any other text it would look like complete trash and not remotely "retro-like" and the people who've used them so far agree, the only setback is that they are eerily too similar when multiple owners have them in use which I understand completely. I'll try to make more plain ones that are just as appealing though, thanks again.
You asked for feedback, he gave you it. That's his opinion, you can choose you appreciate it or ignore it. What's the point in this thread if you're not willing to take criticism?

1 = I like it, neat and good colour choices.
2 = looks crammed and to much stuff have been shoved in.
3 & 4 = these are your best ones, they're unique and give an 3d feel to them, nice work.

Kilo

The King.
Jan 6, 2016

When I mentioned text, I meant the volter text which is used by everyone. I get your point, I provided you with criticism, I'll leave it there.

Lost

in the sauce
Jan 17, 2016
You asked for feedback, he gave you it. That's his opinion, you can choose you appreciate it or ignore it. What's the point in this thread if you're not willing to take criticism?

1 = I like it, neat and good colour choices.
2 = looks crammed and to much stuff have been shoved in.
3 & 4 = these are your best ones, they're unique and give an 3d feel to them, nice work.
I'll accept ALL criticism except for Hashh's.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll definitely think of ways to not cram it but I also hope to not let it look so plain.
When I mentioned text, I meant the volter text which is used by everyone. I get your point, I provided you with criticism, I'll leave it there.
Yeah, that's the idea, volter font is meant for users online text and a description which I only used for my one banner. It wouldn't of gone with the background for the other pop-out banners at all colour wise and theme wise because although they are used in the community for descriptions, having such a large font that isn't really habbo font will look silly and out of place. I'm not denying your feedback, just giving you the reason I didn't go with volter for the large text. Thanks for the feedback though.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You must be registered for see images attach

While, I don't focus on graphics here's a few things from my view point

You need some spacing between the sides of the banner ie, the speech bubbles are right at the border, and so is the online box, and the avatar heads.

Perhaps, align the online box to a different position, maybe on the right side, adjust the white border on the avatars to not stand out so much, and make the text clearer to read, and maybe change the description a tad bit. Ie, "Stable Eco" means nothing when advertising

Lost

in the sauce
Jan 17, 2016
You must be registered for see images attach

While, I don't focus on graphics here's a few things from my view point

You need some spacing between the sides of the banner ie, the speech bubbles are right at the border, and so is the online box, and the avatar heads.

Perhaps, align the online box to a different position, maybe on the right side, adjust the white border on the avatars to not stand out so much, and make the text clearer to read, and maybe change the description a tad bit. Ie, "Stable Eco" means nothing when advertising
Thanks for the feedback, will take it into account. :D

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Fuck @Hashh's opinion, amen. Good work, like you already stated yourself though, they're cramped and re-using the same wording for multiple banners being used at the same time would become less appealing to have. Keep up the good work Shane bro.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Great job. I personally like the 2nd one, but who really cares. I agree with Apple's suggestions, and I wish you the best.

Jaxes

Aug 30, 2015
Not so keen on the second one but the rest are great, I especially like your template good work hopefully will see more from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread