Retro What is going to happen to retros in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex12

May 5, 2017
Most of you know by now that flash is going to become discontinued and unsupported for browsers which means that we’ll need a new alternative. Habbo is learning towards HTML5 and I’ve seen some people start developing HTML5 clients and they’re looking pretty sweet. Do you think this is going to be a huge decline in the Habbo Retro community? I feel like if this goes to HTML5 it may be a game changer and we might see a new hotel rise to the top if they come out with better features.
I'm developing a program for my hotel which has a custom version of flash integrated, so just download & play.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Habbo is dead. Why?

1.) Shockwave is supported only when you go above and beyond to play it and still crashes immensely and is greatly unstable. Once Habbo switched to flash the user count already rapidly declined. The old feel of Habbo was just gone, it was never the same since 2010 when things got transferred over.

2.) Development has changed, for the worse. Not that what was developed back in 2010 was great, but now it is more and more of renames, outdated builds and nobody is passionate like they were once back when the Habbo Community was huge.

3.) I scroll through the Habbo section on here and other rival forums and I hardly see anything interesting being developed, HTML5 is far away from being anywhere in the Retro community. All the decent developers from 2010 are about 25-30 years old now - they have moved on from Habbo. You don't even have the next generation of kids playing Habbo. Back then smartphones were not as big as they are now. Nobody sits at a computer to play games, if they do its not Habbo.

I just do not see it ever being the same, I will tell you the old school era was the best time for Habbo, and I do miss it.

Examed

Я весь высший лидер из вас всех
Aug 7, 2014
Even with all of your extensions in 2020 I predicted the legend of retros.

Let me explain deeper.

During the months of March - November hotels will decide to just close down because of extreme boredom and excessive trolls joining who aren't really funny.
We're already seeing it right now!
Scream it with me
" The end is near !! "
" The end is near !! "
" The end is near !! "

I'd like to say in advance long live to our Habbo legends who's names I won't call for reasons we can all understand.
:cool:;)

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
This could be the best thing to happen to Habbo retros in ages.

All the stupid people who know nothing about programming, computer science, and the protocol will get fucked.

Then, perhaps, the smarter people will find real solutions to real problems and the scene will see a couple of really top quality servers again instead of the mass amount of SHIT we have been seeing for years now.

All ends are beginnings, all beginnings ends.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
This could be the best thing to happen to Habbo retros in ages.

All the stupid people who know nothing about programming, computer science, and the protocol will get fucked.

Then, perhaps, the smarter people will find real solutions to real problems and the scene will see a couple of really top quality servers again instead of the mass amount of SHIT we have been seeing for years now.

All ends are beginnings, all beginnings ends.
So it’ll be run by Habboon, still?! XD

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
Show me a better English retro that’s more popular and has a dedicated team to run it for so many years LUL
I literally just said they have a lack of competition, so that would mean there isn't one.

But that doesn't make it an outstanding server. Lack of competition doesn't make something inherently good.

Habboon is dated in many ways, no real community minus welcome room, no economy, no new features, a record of some of the worst staff (although many good ones also), and a business model that is so boring I feel that I'm visiting a retirement home.

Although this seems fairly off-topic at this point so I'll end that there.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
I literally just said they have a lack of competition, so that would mean there isn't one.

But that doesn't make it an outstanding server. Lack of competition doesn't make something inherently good.

Habboon is dated in many ways, no real community minus welcome room, no economy, no new features, a record of some of the worst staff (although many good ones also), and a business model that is so boring I feel that I'm visiting a retirement home.

Although this seems fairly off-topic at this point so I'll end that there.
yeah i love an exciting business model too youDontSay

all you do is spread hate, you dont have to be here

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
You must be registered for see images attach
Not a real competition, especially in it's current state.
yeah i love an exciting business model too youDontSay

all you do is spread hate, you dont have to be here
Yes all i do is spread hate, you are the true voice of reason.

Because i'm not one of the few people on here who actually help people solve issues, setup servers, and find links to dead downloads.

Please, remind me what you do here that is worth something?

Can anyone stay on topic?

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Business model for a habbo retro? FeelsThinkingMan

When you try to sound smart but are secretly an idiot Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread