Retro What is going to happen to retros in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Most of you know by now that flash is going to become discontinued and unsupported for browsers which means that we’ll need a new alternative. Habbo is learning towards HTML5 and I’ve seen some people start developing HTML5 clients and they’re looking pretty sweet. Do you think this is going to be a huge decline in the Habbo Retro community? I feel like if this goes to HTML5 it may be a game changer and we might see a new hotel rise to the top if they come out with better features.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
It's a while yet but I think it'll be a shock unless somebody starts development in HTML5 or something.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
The first hotel to go to HTML/Javascript will take off until everyone else figures out how to setup their own HTML/Javascript retro and easily customize it.
Continuing to use emulators and Flash will be possible as it's already possible to play shockwave hotels in certain browsers. People will either figure out HTML/Javascript or they will phase their users over to a different browser specifically for Flash. Either way there will probably be a bit of a hit in the monthly users but the effect I'm hoping to see is that perhaps people will start to host some older version hotels *caugh* v14-v30 *caugh*

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
They will still be around, but the community is already pretty small compared to what it used to be so itd definitly would be the end.

LoW

Learner.
Jun 16, 2011
I'm pretty sure that retros will still be there 'cause there will be someone who would develop HTML5 client and release it to the public.

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
I'm pretty sure that retros will still be there 'cause there will be someone who would develop HTML5 client and release it to the public.
Yep. This is something that is already being looked into I believe

Reactions: LoW

Ellu

Donator
Mar 8, 2018
I hope that the retro community will find an good and working way to still keep the good retros up. When flash dies, i hope it won't destroy the community!

asdasd123

Jul 15, 2014
Worry about it when we get there. I like it.

Then again we’ll be like 25, married with 8 kids by then.
You wish, most of us will probably still be stuck in this community no hope of leaving even though it's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread