What is a VPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GangnamStyle

HTML Advanced Coder
Jan 8, 2012
I Do know what is a VPS And what is is ment for ect, ect,

but, Im buying a VPS And My Mom keeps saying what is a VPS/ What can you actually do with it, can anyone explain in a easier way for her,

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place!

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
It's a virtual computer

It indeed is a virtual computer but it's used as a server to run things on like a Retro for example or a Minecraft server for example that's why a virtual computer has a other ip then a normal computer because then otherwise you aren't able to connect to it etc.

GangnamStyle

HTML Advanced Coder
Jan 8, 2012
Yes I understand that its a virtual server but what can you actually do? Create a Server with IIS And build a site? Would that explain in a different term for her?.

Plus what would be the best suitable site for a 1-2GB RAM Site for my coding
Cheers Bro.

GangnamStyle

HTML Advanced Coder
Jan 8, 2012
It indeed is a virtual computer but it's used as a server to run things on like a Retro for example or a Minecraft server for example that's why a virtual computer has a other ip then a normal computer because then otherwise you aren't able to connect to it etc.
Thanks Mate, would it be good for coding using IIS Server? Anyway, 1 Or 2gb RAM For coding? Not to sure and any good sites!

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Yes I understand that its a virtual server but what can you actually do? Create a Server with IIS And build a site? Would that explain in a different term for her?.

Plus what would be the best suitable site for a 1-2GB RAM Site for my coding
Cheers Bro.

On a Virtual private server you can indeed do such things as making a website and hosting websites any many other things.

Let's say that it's making something on a virtual computer hopefully that's easy enough.

Here's another handy link:

es they are handy for coding and even op IIS 2 gb ram is better.

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks Mate, I've seen quite alot now! Any No scamming sites and are real selling VPS Of 1-2GB RAM, Cheap not to pricey

I would be trying out if i where you NodeCabin they have good working virtual private servers and I'm pretty sure that they are cheap enough for you to afford.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
In the simplest terms ever;

It's used for gaming servers, storage, and much more. It's technically a 24/7 computer, which you'll never shut down before you get off. You're not responsible for hardware failures, etc. It's managed by a Data Center and your VPS provider. It's the same as running a Windows computer. You can use them for whatever you wish. You get the abbreviation "VPS" with "Virtual Private Server" because it's all online, hence "Virtual."

GangnamStyle

HTML Advanced Coder
Jan 8, 2012
In the simplest terms ever;

It's used for gaming servers, storage, and much more. It's technically a 24/7 computer, which you'll never shut down before you get off. You're not responsible for hardware failures, etc. It's managed by a Data Center and your VPS provider. It's the same as running a Windows computer. You can use them for whatever you wish. You get the abbreviation "Virtual Private Server" because it's all online, hence "Virtual."
Thanks, that really helped! would it be good for my coding e.g My Industry site, as i've said in my previous comments 'What is a good VPS Site 1-2GB RAM Not to Pricey' :)

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks, that really helped! would it be good for my coding e.g My Industry site, as i've said in my previous comments 'What is a good VPS Site 1-2GB RAM Not to Pricey' :)

I'd still be preferring you to check out Nodecabin their virtual private servers are very reliable and they aren't that pricy.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012

Yes, because it could host your site 24/7. But you'd really lean towards a VPS for a site that requires loads of space. Mainly web hosting is there for sites that require 1-10GB disk space. But if you want it on a VPS, go ahead.

A good site you can look into is:

If you look at other sites, you're looking at $30+ for 2GB RAM.

GangnamStyle

HTML Advanced Coder
Jan 8, 2012
Yes, because it could host your site 24/7. But you'd really lean towards a VPS for a site that requires loads of space. Mainly web hosting is there for sites that require 1-10GB disk space. But if you want it on a VPS, go ahead.

A good site you can look into is:

If you look at other sites, you're looking at $30+ for 2GB RAM.
Tyler, your so helpful, Thanks for that!

GangnamStyle

HTML Advanced Coder
Jan 8, 2012
Right, I'm only buying a 1-2GB VPS And The reason for: a company what codes Sites/CMS From Habbo Retro SKINS To WebSite skins.
Is there a chance to make profit out of this or good money.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Right, I'm only buying a 1-2GB VPS And The reason for: a company what codes Sites/CMS From Habbo Retro SKINS To WebSite skins.

No chance for profit, no one would buy a habboskin imo but stop double posting, edit your last post or wait till someone posts.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
well i buy runescape bot vps's and i bot 24/7 making money i think i can host a hotel on it too but i dont so i make mmonmey outta mine
trully depends what you do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread