What do you look for in ScreenShot programs

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
basically what the title says, what do you look for when using screen shot programs? like droplr etc

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
If you're talking about features you'd like to add to DonkeySnapr, I'd like to see an upload option that would have a standard way of sending files (and details) to a server.

For example, DonkeySnapr would require the follow details:
  • Target URL (i.e. api.example.com/upload)
It'd then optionally require one of the following if the site had a user system:
  • Username & Password
  • Secret Key (which would be associated to an account)
It would then attempt to send the file to the target URL, and the site would either respond failure, or success with a URL to the file that was uploaded.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
If you're talking about features you'd like to add to DonkeySnapr, I'd like to see an upload option that would have a standard way of sending files (and details) to a server.

For example, DonkeySnapr would require the follow details:
  • Target URL (i.e. api.example.com/upload)
It'd then optionally require one of the following if the site had a user system:
  • Username & Password
  • Secret Key (which would be associated to an account)
It would then attempt to send the file to the target URL, and the site would either respond failure, or success with a URL to the file that was uploaded.

Its regarding a new Project i may be looking at making, or maybe extend DSnap

thanks for idea

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
One that does not send my captures to the government for processing.
Also, custom URLs.

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
FTP support, multi-image hosting site support (e.g. Imgur, Tinypic, etc), quick region selection (e.g. custom region, last region, certain window, full screen, etc), multiple destinations for completed screenshots (e.g. ), and a simple image editor for images.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
One that does not send my captures to the government for processing.
Also, custom URLs.

cant promise no government! also like custom URL,,,like??

FTP support, multi-image hosting site support (e.g. Imgur, Tinypic, etc), quick region selection (e.g. custom region, last region, certain window, full screen, etc), multiple destinations for completed screenshots (e.g. ), and a simple image editor for images.

will look into this thanks

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Everything has pretty much been covered.

However, if you give the ability to upload to a custom server, is it possible to be able to select the file type of the image? For example: .jpg or .png
Also, if you're up for it, maybe .GIF support?

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Everything has pretty much been covered.

However, if you give the ability to upload to a custom server, is it possible to be able to select the file type of the image? For example: .jpg or .png
Also, if you're up for it, maybe .GIF support?

Indeed a lot has been covered..the last version had ability touchable image format jpg etc, not really thought of .gif support..you can't make a moving image via screenshot?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Indeed a lot has been covered..the last version had ability touchable image format jpg etc, not really thought of .gif support..you can't make a moving image via screenshot?
Only suggested as I saw gyazo say something about it on their homepage. Never used the programme so not sure on how it works.

Dicks

Feb 9, 2014
There was a neat Ubuntu package that I've used that lets you record your screen via the terminal (pre-determined width, heigh, length, etc) and it produced a .gif and saved it to a certain directory. It would be super-neat if you implemented that somehow in a simpler way, I don't know of any screen-shot program that does that.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
There was a neat Ubuntu package that I've used that lets you record your screen via the terminal (pre-determined width, heigh, length, etc) and it produced a .gif and saved it to a certain directory. It would be super-neat if you implemented that somehow in a simpler way, I don't know of any screen-shot program that does that.

That would be a cool feature, I don't know how but I could look online to see. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread