What CPU should I run with this Graphics Card?

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I'm looking to either get a GTX 1060, 1070, or even a 1080. I know most would say "Man, 1080 for sure". I'd say the same, I'm not a hardcore graphics guy, I could care less about High or Extreme graphics. I'm looking to either make a new build or upgrade my current one, I want to run games like GTA V, Ark Survival, and other games at 60FPS steady or even more. I usually use V-Sync anyways, but I want a stable FPS.

I am currently running a GTX 960 with an FX 6300 (not the best, but I'm not into gaming much on my PC yet, I only built my PC for school). If I was to upgrade, it'd be pointless to have a FX 6300 in there for gaming as it's a pretty shit processor for gaming (I played a few games like CS:GO, Rocket League and they ran fine but Ark Survival and GTA V don't run at 60FPS and that just pisses me off) lol

I'd like the build (if it's not an upgrade) to be less than 1200$ if possible.

Here's my current build:

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
What's the point of buying a 430W Power Supply with a build that estimates 386W? Those parts have compatibility issues and plus I said I wanted an i7-4790 or a 6700(K)

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
You may not care about my opinion but i think you're way overdoing it for just a gaming PC, unless you plan to be using this for the rest of your life or something

What's the point of buying a 430W Power Supply with a build that estimates 386W? Those parts have compatibility issues and plus I said I wanted an i7-4790 or a 6700(K)
You do know there's more to power supplies than just wattage right? Actually, there's 2 kinds of wattage; peak & consistent, you want consistent 430w not 430w peak.
Amps, something people always overlook. The gtx 1060 requires atleast 20 amps on the 12v rail, if not more. (going off of what my 750ti wants so you might want more but i doubt it, 20 amps is the generic requirement for most modern cards i think)

Users who are viewing this thread