What can i use instead of Xampp?

ChromeQ

Dec 7, 2014
Hello, Im going to start an localhost retro, For educational purposes, All the ports are used already for xampp :/
And i need something else like xampp..

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
do you have skype or teamviewer? if so they are probably running on the same port as xampp and that is why u cant start apache in the control panel. assuming this is probably the issue youre having?

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
True but if he wants to keep skype he may aswell
he just said mysql wont start which is port 3306 (thats mysqls port) skype and tv are on port 80 which is the same port apache runs on but that isnt the issue hes having which makes me to assume he has another mysql other than xampp installed which is why mysql wont run. not being a smartass just providing the correct answer :p

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Change Skype or XAMPP to use different ports - a simple Google search will guide you in the right direction.

I don't recommend setting up a localhost retro unless it's for you to work on things etc without having to make it go live instantly, buy a cheap VPS or something, a lot safer and easier.

Kak

Posting Freak
Apr 21, 2017
Change Skype or XAMPP to use different ports - a simple Google search will guide you in the right direction.

I don't recommend setting up a localhost retro unless it's for you to work on things etc without having to make it go live instantly, buy a cheap VPS or something, a lot safer and easier.
i hate to quote you jmg as you are more of expert than me but youre all guiding him in the wrong direction. he just said its his mysql that wont start not apache. the solution is pretty clear. he has another mysql program installed and needs to unistall it then mysql should start.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
i hate to quote you jmg as you are more of expert than me but youre all guiding him in the wrong direction. he just said its his mysql that wont start not apache. the solution is pretty clear. he has another mysql program installed and needs to unistall it then mysql should start.
Do the same for MySQL? Find out what's running on that port. Open CMD > type netstat -abno > disable/uninstall what's already running on that port.
I still recommend this.

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
Buy a vps. It’s only for $5 at PortServers.net

I recommend them and do what @JMG says.

Edit: IIS is not bad to host a localhost retro wtf.... If anything it’s BETTER.

Users who are viewing this thread