Vikimg [BETA TESTERS NEEDED]

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Vikimg-logo3.png
What is Vikimg?
Vikimg is an image-sharing site which aim to assist up-and-coming artists on their way to glory. We wish to do this by providing albums handling up to 2GB of images and fast uploading and loading of images.

Currently finished features (This doesn't mean they won't be improved):
  • Upload function
  • Albums
  • Hotkeys
  • Usersystem
  • Social Network connections
Currently we only need BETA testers. Our BETA period has been scheduled for 1'st of December.
Beta testers will receive 1 month Premium (once open beta/public release is in motion) for their work. Depending on how active the testers are, the reward may vary.

You may apply for BETA at this link;

Last edited:

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013

Catchable fatal error: Object of class mysqli_result could not be converted to string in /home/ispecws/public_html/vikimg/index.php on line 60

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010

Catchable fatal error: Object of class mysqli_result could not be converted to string in /home/*****ws/public_html/vikimg/index.php on line 60
As said, "BETA applications soon to be working".
Worked on localhost, didn't on our server. Am working on it right now.
----------Edit---------
Should be working now. Feel free to go applying!
Open-Beta date has been postponed till 6'th of December, so you have 2 weeks to apply.

Last edited:

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Good to see this thread finally up, i will post some screenshots soon and hopefully keep you guys updates on what's going on! Thank you to all those who applied! :)

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Here are some screenshots!

NOTE: Vikimg will also have a "Changelog" page which will keep our users and visitors updated with the changes that are being made to the website!

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
Here are some screenshots!

NOTE: Vikimg will also have a "Changelog" page which will keep our users and visitors updated with the changes that are being made to the website!
Nice! That design looks really good, unique.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Nice! That design looks really good, unique.
Thanks for the feedback!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATES ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some new screenshots (note that the album page is not yet coded):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATES ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:
- Users have now the ability to choose the album's name in the upload page from a select menu.
- Design fixes
- Some other website bugs removed
- Users have now the ability to submit multiple emails!
- Users have now the ability to choose whether we do notify them by email when their account's pass is changed.

Screenshot:

Last edited:

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Its obviously going to be super sexy cos khalil works on it ;)
I truly hope so!

Also guys, as is we recommend you do not apply to BETA right now. We're securing the BETA application system a bit more, and may have to reset the table back to a previous state. However, we've got a few backups, so most of the applications will remain!

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
I truly hope so!

Also guys, as is we recommend you do not apply to BETA right now. We're securing the BETA application system a bit more, and may have to reset the table back to a previous state. However, we've got a few backups, so most of the applications will remain!
Ofcourse and sexy yourself! ;D

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Unfortunately I didn't read the whole thread and applied, just let me know if I'll have to re-do it.

Also, every time you've said Vikimg in the shoutbox I thought you were saying VikingBETA, I ended up thinking it was a game aha. Boy was I mistaken. Anyway, the images shown looks really good and definitely looking forward to using this.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
When you say secure, what do you mean?
Right now, the BETA app script doesn't make sure a mail exist, thus they can apply quite a few times. Although, it checks that a mail is in the correct format, and that the mail hasn't already been used.

Of course, if a mail isn't real, that's the applicants problem. The entire table will be cleaned after we've decided who'll be our BETA testers.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Right now, the BETA app script doesn't make sure a mail exist, thus they can apply quite a few times. Although, it checks that a mail is in the correct format, and that the mail hasn't already been used.

Of course, if a mail isn't real, that's the applicants problem. The entire table will be cleaned after we've decided who'll be our BETA testers.
But that's checking for validity, how is it "secure"?
:p

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
It was exploitable last night :)
Fortunately, the main script will be more secure than the BETA application script, and tables will be wiped (after mails have been sent out).

Also, since we've got 21 legit applicants now, we'll go for 10 testers all in all. I removed all invalid applications (caused by you I presume?) to get the count back to correct state, and to clean out my overview over the applicants.
--------------------------------------------EDIT--------------------------------------------------------

Due to complications, we need to postpone the closed BETA of Vikimg. This also includes the BETA applications, as everyone that's applied, will have to apply again at once the new application process is up and running.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread