Valve (Steam) set to challenge PS4 and Xbox 720 with their own console!

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
'We've heard rumours that Valve (the company behind the uber-popular Steam PC gaming store as well as video games such as Half Life and Portal) were preparing to enter the gaming hardware market, and now Valve head honco Gabe Newell has confirmed those rumours. The Steam Box is coming.

Valve are looking to put a gaming PC in your living room next year that would boot directly to Steam's Big Picture mode, the recently-released controller friendly front end for Steam that offers a console-like experience.'

Well, this looks exciting, and a lot of people use Steam already, so what is your thoughts? - I personally like it, as for those with a poor or not so good computer will now only need to purchase their console to connect with the computer gamers.

Source:

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
'We've heard rumours that Valve (the company behind the uber-popular Steam PC gaming store as well as video games such as Half Life and Portal) were preparing to enter the gaming hardware market, and now Valve head honco Gabe Newell has confirmed those rumours. The Steam Box is coming.

Valve are looking to put a gaming PC in your living room next year that would boot directly to Steam's Big Picture mode, the recently-released controller friendly front end for Steam that offers a console-like experience.'

Well, this looks exciting, and a lot of people use Steam already, so what is your thoughts? - I personally like it, as for those with a poor or not so good computer will now only need to purchase their console to connect with the computer gamers.

Source:
I think this will be hugely popular. Just think how big steam is and how many people use it.
I reckon it will do pretty well, there are many here that do use steam, and i for 1 would probably get it

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I think this will be hugely popular. Just think how big steam is and how many people use it.
I reckon it will do pretty well, there are many here that do use steam, and i for 1 would probably get it

I agree, I'll also get one, I can see thousands of people moving it to in the end, or computer gaming as a whole, but yeah it'll be nice to be able to actually kick @RastaLulz's arse on a game other than Minecraft. ;)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I'm not sure about it, because if you have a good gaming PC with Steam Big Picture installed, a fully build PC for only Steam wouldn't be that great of a idea. However it wouldn't cost that much as people will buy a lot of the Steam sale stuff etc. I wonder how it will work out.

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
I might get it, but I have a decent PC that I built about a year back that I use for Steam and Big Picture. Hopefully other people I know will pick it up and buy it - I prefer Steam to other online networks, purely because of the community ='D

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
No. Play station for ever. Or a computer of course, Guess we'll see when or if it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread