Username changes (inactive accounts)

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
I'm not sure if this idea has actually been posted previously or not or what happened to it, however I know that it has been briefly discussed and in some cases done a few times for certain users.

The idea is basically the ability to request old usernames of accounts which are inactive, by inactive I mean almost no content at all and no recent logins for about 1+ years?

This would give active users which visit and share content on a daily/weekly basis to obtain their desired usernames which are currently taken by another inactive user. If users haven't posted content in over a year and the account has been inactive for that time period too, this could be because the user simply joined up to "leech" content stored on the forums rather than be an actual member of the community which is also another reason why this idea may be implemented.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Your reply to this was:
"I'd never delete an account with any sort of contributions (posts, conversations, etc). However, I'd be open to deleting accounts without that, that haven't logged in in over two years."

What if there are usernames which have no threads/posts at all and have been inactive since the day they first registered (just over a year)?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Your reply to this was:
"I'd never delete an account with any sort of contributions (posts, conversations, etc). However, I'd be open to deleting accounts without that, that haven't logged in in over two years."

What if there are usernames which have no threads/posts at all and have been inactive since the day they first registered (just over a year)?
I think two years is fine, as a year isn't very long, regardless if they haven't logged back in since then or not.

Users who are viewing this thread