Up-To-Date Working RevCMS Edits

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Hey everyone,

So I've been trying to put my first retro together in spurts of productivity for a while now. I have experience with phpMyAdmin, understand the core principles of forms & scripts (for both front-end as well as backend), and will be trying to understand a little more about queries & form submission. I took a little break, and will be around a lot more, especially until I have a functioning environment for testing.

I don't have any of the material I used to have, because my laptop crashed & died & now I'm on something else, but I'll still be working with phpMyAdmin, XAMPP & a text editor. Mainly, can anyone recommend any Edited versions of RevCMS that they've had a good experience with? I'd like to be able to launch the client (I've only gotten a black screen) & post placeholder entries over to the database within the next few days. I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out on my own & I'm on a very tight timeline.

If I do end up deciding on a CMS without the recommendation of someone here, I will be posting threads on some of the problems I've had in the past, that I'm sure i will encounter the second time around.

Most comments are useful, but please don't waste your own time with any tomfoolery or nonsense.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I'm re-looking at the forms & the backend. Everything is connected properly, but there a few things with the template & database that need to be fixed. I'm in the process of creating test accounts, then I'll focus more on trying to launch the client.
whats wrong with the template? is there an error?

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
My client goes black, then white, like its about to load, then does nothing. But there is also no account yet. Just the content on my localhost & my database

whats wrong with the template? is there an error?
Something about trying to setparams or define the variables that exist for hotel, username, etc.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
My client goes black, then white, like its about to load, then does nothing. But there is also no account yet. Just the content on my localhost & my database

Something about trying to setparams or define the variables that exist for hotel, username, etc.
screenshots of both cms and client pls?

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
I saw template->form->error on i think more than one page

screenshots of both cms and client pls?
I could do that, but don't you think it would have to be something with the script and/or inserting of values

And you recommended the CMS, I'm sure you know how it looks lol

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
Code:
Deprecated: mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
I saw template->form->error on i think more than one page

I could do that, but don't you think it would have to be something with the script and/or inserting of values

And you recommended the CMS, I'm sure you know how it looks lol
by problem with the template do you mean a error at the top of the cms that says this above?

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Code:
Deprecated: mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
by problem with the template do you mean a error at the top of the cms that says this above?
There just has to be something that i'm missing with the $_CONFIG & the ['template'] ['style'] that's preventing me from changing things like hotelName, the motto, etc.

The only error, is with an undefined variable for $_SESSION on the me.page & mysql expects paramater 1 to be resource

• Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\me.php on line 125

Reg & index pages seem to be fine

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
There just has to be something that i'm missing with the $_CONFIG & the ['template'] ['style'] that's preventing me from changing things like hotelName, the motto, etc.

The only error, is with an undefined variable for $_SESSION on the me.page & mysql expects paramater 1 to be resource

• Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\me.php on line 125

Reg & index pages seem to be fine
u should download teamviewer or join me so u can get better help

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
u should download teamviewer or join me so u can get better help
Well I want to start, for example, by getting the online users to appear via the server_status table in my database, on my own

The client error aswell, i'll post a separate thread for it

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
Well I want to start, for example, by getting the online users to appear via the server_status table in my database, on my own

The client error aswell, i'll post a separate thread for it
mate i dont think retros will work with a mac correctly. that explains why youre getting all these weird errors. as far as im aware its not compatible with emulators so even if by miracle you got the cms functioning correctly the client probably wont work or emulator wont run. like i said i dont know how macs work but maybe it is possible to setup a retro on one its just you arent doing it right. at this rate you really need to let someone help or show you how to get it working via join me or some type of program to allow connection your computer. its hard to help because half of the time what you say confuses the hell out of me and doesnt make sense. i know youre a beginner with retros but ive seen even new comers pick up faster than you. ive already given you lots of advice nd a tutorial to follow. if you really need help than you should probably listen to the people helping. you should really try following the tutorial i gave you :s

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
mate i dont think retros will work with a mac correctly. that explains why youre getting all these weird errors. as far as im aware its not compatible with emulators so even if by miracle you got the cms functioning correctly the client probably wont work or emulator wont run. like i said i dont know how macs work but maybe it is possible to setup a retro on one its just you arent doing it right. at this rate you really need to let someone help or show you how to get it working via join me or some type of program to allow connection your computer. its hard to help because half of the time what you say confuses the hell out of me and doesnt make sense. i know youre a beginner with retros but ive seen even new comers pick up faster than you. ive already given you lots of advice nd a tutorial to follow. if you really need help than you should probably listen to the people helping. you should really try following the tutorial i gave you :s
Your tutorials were useless & I'm not on a mac

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
i dont get why youre asking for help when u dont want to be helped?... @Altercationz knows how to setup a retro and has owned a few good ones in the past
I don't want vague, unspecific responses. I need to fix a few things that will allow me to move forward, including the template, forms & being able to run queries with the right syntax version. I'm sure he's not the owner of a retro that exists now, or it's not the main focus anyway

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I don't want vague, unspecific responses. I need to fix a few things that will allow me to move forward, including the template, forms & being able to run queries with the right syntax version. I'm sure he's not the owner of a retro that exists now, or it's not the main focus anyway
thats why he is offering to help you because he knows how to setup a retro...

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
I have no idea how members got the help they needed when they started. But I'll post more threads to follow up with this one, that was answered thoroughly

& the importance of each part in a sequence. My next post will likely have to do with template settings, so I can solve my user count issue & things like hotelName, & then looking at the class.users to try & make my queries work

you may as well have recommended me this: : a 3 part series

Users who are viewing this thread