Up-To-Date Working RevCMS Edits

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Hey everyone,

So I've been trying to put my first retro together in spurts of productivity for a while now. I have experience with phpMyAdmin, understand the core principles of forms & scripts (for both front-end as well as backend), and will be trying to understand a little more about queries & form submission. I took a little break, and will be around a lot more, especially until I have a functioning environment for testing.

I don't have any of the material I used to have, because my laptop crashed & died & now I'm on something else, but I'll still be working with phpMyAdmin, XAMPP & a text editor. Mainly, can anyone recommend any Edited versions of RevCMS that they've had a good experience with? I'd like to be able to launch the client (I've only gotten a black screen) & post placeholder entries over to the database within the next few days. I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out on my own & I'm on a very tight timeline.

If I do end up deciding on a CMS without the recommendation of someone here, I will be posting threads on some of the problems I've had in the past, that I'm sure i will encounter the second time around.

Most comments are useful, but please don't waste your own time with any tomfoolery or nonsense.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
all revcms work the same, any will do. unless you mean a revcms that has no exploits

black client is a simple fix. i believe its to do with your client.php so get a working one or make sure you edit it correctly :p

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
I just mean a skin that includes all the necessary components. I'd be familiar with what each part of script is responsible for, such as a config, strlen in the backend, most have setparams, but a few small things vary between the different edits.

I did all of the external variables & the rest of the stuff in a certain part of the CMS, but I'd have to re familiarize myself.

Still, any edits you think would be worth recommending?

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
i dont really have a particular cms i recommend but here is a revcms that apparently is clean and ive used it a few times

just put that in your htdocs and edit the config mate and it should work

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
i dont really have a particular cms i recommend but here is a revcms that apparently is clean and ive used it a few times

just put that in your htdocs and edit the config mate and it should work
i trust your taste when it comes to appearance, and its good to know there is a config. But I'd still need an sql that is responsive to this CMS to be able to perform queries. I'll keep searching

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
i trust your taste when it comes to appearance, and its good to know there is a config. But I'd still need an sql that is responsive to this CMS to be able to perform queries. I'll keep searching
the links include everything you need. the emulator, swfs and database (sql)

im recommending r63 instead of r63b because i feel like it will be easier for you to understand

if u had teamviewer or some type of program that allows me to connect to your computer i could easily setup a hotel for you

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
the links include everything you need. the emulator, swfs and database (sql)

im recommending r63 instead of r63b because i feel like it will be easier for you to understand

if u had teamviewer or some type of program that allows me to connect to your computer i could easily setup a hotel for you
I found a phoenix sql, along with a CMS I chose from many, and an Emulator I'm about to test for the first time on Windows. If I can't get this to work, I'll try that combo

Also, does it matter which skin I use? Whether it's Mango, Priv or Habbo?

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I found a phoenix sql, along with a CMS I chose from many, and an Emulator I'm about to test for the first time on Windows. If I can't get this to work, I'll try that combo

what i recommended to u is a more stable edit of phoenix. what you found if it doesnt work is because phoenix is not good. no it doesnt matter but id choose habbo. you can change your skin in the cms config.php...

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016

Here's my suggestion:
~ A clean revcms that you can do wonders with
~ Emulator that works with above CMS (PlusEMU from the git build 1)
~ Swf's for above emulator

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Here's my suggestion:
~ A clean revcms that you can do wonders with
~ Emulator that works with above CMS (PlusEMU from the git build 1)
~ Swf's for above emulator
I think I remember you being responsible for a Micro release. But the first recommendation was what I needed & I'll probably try to see this one through before I try anything else. Swfs I can just get the newest versions of, & almost any emulator will work. It was really the CMS/DB that I needed most. Thanks anyway

what i recommended to u is a more stable edit of phoenix. what you found if it doesnt work is because phoenix is not good. no it doesnt matter but id choose habbo. you can change your skin in the cms config.php...
since there is no file path, for example app/tpl/skins, leading to Habbo, I'd just use 'htdocs' as I think the 'template' 'style' in the config? Phoenix would probably be simpler than windows for retros to be honest. And I've placed the content right in my htdocs. I'm moving onto the tedious parts of the CMS with forms & queries. I've also tried to replace the logo, but it seems to be echo'd in there or something.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I think I remember you being responsible for a Micro release. But the first recommendation was what I needed & I'll probably try to see this one through before I try anything else. Swfs I can just get the newest versions of, & almost any emulator will work. It was really the CMS/DB that I needed most. Thanks anyway

since there is no file path, for example app/tpl/skins, leading to Habbo, I'd just use 'htdocs' as I think the 'template' 'style' in the config? Phoenix would probably be simpler than windows for retros to be honest. And I've placed the content right in my htdocs. I'm moving onto the tedious parts of the CMS with forms & queries. I've also tried to replace the logo, but it seems to be echo'd in there or something.
mate you are making this way complicated than it is. just disregard every post in this thread and i have found 2 really helpful tutorials showing you step by step how to set up a retro and they include all the retro files needed so just follow one of these tuts below. i picked them because i thought they were the best and most helpful. the second tutorial includes a video version if that will help you out. remove every thing completely from your htdocs and try one of these tutorials. goodluck :p

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
mate you are making this way complicated than it is. just disregard every post in this thread and i have found 2 really helpful tutorials showing you step by step how to set up a retro and they include all the retro files needed so just follow one of these tuts below. the second tutorial includes a video version if that will help you out. remove every thing completely from your htdocs and try one of these tutorials. goodluck :p

I'll definitely check them out. But I'm certain they include nothing on syntax, templates & forms

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I'll definitely check them out. But I'm certain they include nothing on syntax, templates & forms
what are you trying to do code a cms from scratch? there are hundreds of cms already coded out there u can use... check this site out just follow the tutorial trust me man

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
what are you trying to do code a cms from scratch? there are hundreds of cms already coded out there u can use... check this site out just follow the tutorial trust me man
Well depending how this 1st one goes, who knows where from here. But I'll take a look into that too. Translating CMS's are ok, since I'd usually find them from a Portguese/Dutch website, but usually they're paired with an emulator in the same language. I'm already kind of attached to this CMS & want for it to work

Like fjerr, I had Fjerr before.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
Well depending how this 1st one goes, who knows where from here. But I'll take a look into that too. Translating CMS's are ok, since I'd usually find them from a Portguese/Dutch website, but usually they're paired with an emulator in the same language. I'm already kind of attached to this CMS & want for it to work

Like fjerr, I had Fjerr before.
mate a cms has nothing to do with a emulator. a cms is the website and the emulator and swfs are what get the client to work

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
mate a cms has nothing to do with a emulator. a cms is the website and the emulator and swfs are what get the client to work
I don't search for emulators, but if you want to find an sql that will function with the cms, an emulator is usually included in the bundle. I haven't been able to get my client to work yet, so I obviously wouldn't know

hence, the support thread

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I don't search for emulators, but if you want to find an sql that will function with the cms, an emulator is usually included in the bundle. I haven't been able to get my client to work yet, so I obviously wouldn't know

hence, the support thread
wait, so your hotel works but not the client?

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
wait, so your hotel works but not the client?
I'm re-looking at the forms & the backend. Everything is connected properly, but there a few things with the template & database that need to be fixed. I'm in the process of creating test accounts, then I'll focus more on trying to launch the client.

Users who are viewing this thread