Show DevBest TweetImg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
OK, you're probably thinking, "WTF is this?", because I didn't create a development thread, but I only started it yesterday.

But anyway, yesterday I had an idea to create some sort of Twitter signature image generator, so I did. I am aware that I'm not the first to create one of these - I just decided to make one.

TweetImg grabs your username, profile picture, latest Tweet, amount of followers and total amount of Tweets posted and sticks them all on one image.

Below is an example:

If you use it, I hope you do enjoy it.

PS: You may come across an error every now and again saying something like "Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 95: parser error : Entity 'copy' not defined in /home/markerik/public_html/projects/TweetImg/class.twitter.php on line 19", just ignore it.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I love the idea, I think it's awesome, only thing I dislike is that the content on the sig is not properly centered(Everything is too high, leaving an empty space on the bottom) and that you should be able to upload your own background for the image, that blue is just too ugly, or maybe you can grab the background of their Twitter, if that is possible.

Anyways, great job.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I Love it. The thing about it, I was never into Twitter, and I have never done anything with Twitter so I really can't use this.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming, trolling, or whatever. I do like it for sure.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Thanks Kryptos, I love the idea of backgrounds. I will work on that tomorrow when I'm home from college, or maybe I could code it in college, haha.

Thanks Jo$h, and no worries.

Rasta, that could happen for two reasons - either the account actually doesn't exist, or your settings have been set to protect your tweets or something.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Rasta, that could happen for two reasons - either the account actually doesn't exist, or your settings have been set to protect your tweets or something.
I'm guessing you were working on it when I tried, because it works now. Also, the preview image you had on this thread wasn't working.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I'm guessing you were working on it when I tried, because it works now. Also, the preview image you had on this thread wasn't working.
I must have been haha, and good good.

Works for me too:
@Ballsack.png
Haha

---------------

You may have noticed I have disabled the 'profile picture' embedding, that is because it was showing a few bugs. I'll get it sorted and working asap.

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
Wow, Mark. This is awesome I love the idea of having a social network in an image to be used as a forum signature etc. Keep up the great work, and like Kryptos said, Backgrounds would be awesome ;D

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Wow, Mark. This is awesome I love the idea of having a social network in an image to be used as a forum signature etc. Keep up the great work, and like Kryptos said, Backgrounds would be awesome ;D
I'm working on the backgrounds :)
They're almost complete, just a few more tweaks and it should be done. I ended up going out with some friends earlier so had no time to do anything :p

Olly

Nov 26, 2011
I love the idea, but it does not seem to work for me :s so ill have another bash later and get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread