[TUTORIAL][With screens] v26 Retro Server - Holograph Emulator 26 - PHPRetro 4.0.10

Is this Tutorial helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2011
Hello Everybody! First of all, I would like to say congratulations for everybody on their success and efforts in providing free Sign ups to play, and unlimited retro hotel as well.

view.jpg

view2.jpgg

view3.jpg

For those who are not successfully created a hotel you could try hosting on your own Hotel or host it on VPS (to keep it 24/7/365), for Habbo Retro v26.

This is what you will need:
- Holograph Emulator 26
- PHPRetro 4.0.10
- - mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8

This tutorial included screenshots. I regret that my tutorial might not be perfect :eek: . I'm also need to be guided on some parts I don't know, correct me and so, let's learn together :) I explained each of the sections so it would be easier... You might needed to install .Net Framework 4

This is the preparations we need to be done before starting to build your v26 Hotel

1. First of All, if you are hosting from home, you need to configure your modem, and you need to setup your Local IP (such 192.168.1.102 et cetera) so you can enable port forwarding fantastically.

login%252520to%252520modem.jpg

This is the best tool to help you determining whether port forwarding is enabled for your router/modem. - common ports is 80 and 3306 for mysql

(If you cannot do port forwarding, Hamachi might be another option)

2. AFAIK, XAMPP is the best PHP + HTTPd + Perl + MySQL server. I'm using this version because it is actually better than the new one (i guess). Download this and install to your system :

3. The PHPRetro 4.0.10 - - this holds the welcome scress, as well as Content Management Systems. You can announce and create group pages as well.

4. The DCR files for v26 - - I noticed that pets are not working, maybe we need to add on or something. Overall, it's stable and working smoothly as well (please PM me if the link is not working) [Reuploaded]

5. The Holograph emulator 26 - - download and extract them.

1. Port forwarding

1.1 Firstly, Your computer's Local IP is assigned by yourself, not by DHCP.

set%252520up%252520local%252520ip.jpg

1.2 Go to local Area Network Properties, copy your current IP set up at Details and head to ipv4 configuration. Now, click on use the following IP address. and enter your IPs, gateway etc... make sure the range of your IP is not to small, for example: 192.168.1.100, so it would not be interfered by another computers that use the IP address assigned by DHCP. For the reason, the range 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.10 is not recommended

enable%252520DMZ.jpg

router%252520firewall%252520setup.jpg

1.3 This option actually differs with type of modem/router you are currently using.
But the similarities are, you can enable DMZ and point it to your IP you have set just now.

1.4 Great, now you have set up a port forwarding that would enable the web services for your IP.

1.5 Get yourself some nice free domain (.tk is best for free domain) . then, you need a realtime DNS management from to update your IP (if you have Dynamic IP like me).

dot.tk2.jpg

dot.tk4.jpg

dot.tk5.jpg

dot.tk6.jpg

Create an account at Dot.tk to enable you to manage your domain name. then, choose option "Use Custom DNS" and point it to ns1.afraid.org and ns2.afraid.org

Then, create an account at FreeDNS.afraid.org. add your domain to freedns.afraid.org. this process of domain name management takes 15 minutes onwards so patience is needed

freedns.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The basic setup is:
.yourhotelname.tk > [Web forward] (yourhotelname.tk will be redirected to )
> [A Record] 64.61.125.33 ( points to your own IP that you get at whatismyip.com into the record)

2. The Installation of XAMPP

2.1 First you need to install XAMPP to your computer. If you are running vista or windows 7 with UAC enabled, it is suggested that you don't install them at C:/program files/XAMPP, but use C:/XAMPP instead.

2.2 Installations are done automatically. For the reason, you need to configure your MySQL password and directory protection as well. For security purposes, it is strictly recommended for you to use password although there is a directory protection. This is to make sure that there is no security holes in your server managements.

Now, head to - on your browser. There you need to setup your password. Please remember it and keep it on your mind for future needs.

localhost-setuppass.jpg

2.3 After everything is completed, go to C:/XAMPP/htdocs (normal web directory). Please delete the index.php (to remove the control panel of your XAMPP), no need to worry, you can still access the control panel at

2.4 go to and tests port 80, port 3306 to see whether your IP is now Live!

can%252520you%252520see%252520me.jpg

3. The DCR files

Extract the DCR files to C:/xampp/htdocs/v26 if you are going to host it by your self (make sure you have sufficient bandwidth to hold numbers of users) or upload somewhere. please take note that free web hosting wouldn't allow you to host Habbo dcr files (Habbo flash files as well), else, you'll be banned!

4. The Emulator/Server for your Retro Hotel v26

4.1 Before start, you first need to import a database "holodb.sql" in the the emulator folder. head to

4.2 Create a new database named holo. then, click on import. Choose file "holodb.sql" you found on the emulator folder and click GO

emulatorinstall.jpg

emulatorinstall2.jpg

emulatorinstall3.jpg

4.3 Wait until all Executions are completed.

if you received an error regarding insufficient memory, go to C:/xampp/php/ and edit php.ini. find memory_limit and then change the value to a higher one:

memory_limit = 200M

4.4 there you go, you have successfully created a database for your retro hotel. now, go to folder bin > Release > bin. and then edit mysql.ini like the following:

[mysql]
host=localhost
port=3306
database=holo (the database name you have created)
username=root
password=(your password)

then, save the file.

Note: It's not a good practice running the PHP scripts and emulators with the "root" account. Please create a new username, and GRANT the Mysql database to the new username.

4.5 Create a shortcut for Holograph Emulator.exe to your desktop or anywhere you want...

5. Finally, The Installation of PHPRetro 4.0.10-stable

5.1 PHPRetro gives you a nice welcome page, a content management system where you can manage your users, announce a news et cetera.

phpretroinstall.jpg

phpretroinstall2.jpg

5.2 Now, extract the PHPRetro to your C:/xampp/htdocs folder. And head to http:// (Your ip address) /install. And follow the instructions

emulatorinstall4.jpg

5.3 Go to , login and click on Settings > Site. Set your site path (to your IP you just set up or regarding the tutorial)

phpretroinstall3.jpg

phpretroinstall4.jpg

5.4 Move C:/xampp/htdocs/install/config.php to folder C:/xampp/htdocs/includes/ and delete the Install folder (for security purposes)

5.5 you have successfully set up your Habbo Retro v26!

6. The Extra Notes

6.1 Do not use Google Chrome in your trial and error. Because Google Chrome is "extremely fast" they didn't even update the cache even after you cleared it. use Google Chrome on another PC on the same network if you want to see your Hotel running in Chrome

6.2 The server appears Offline is one of the famous problem in PHPRetro, the solution is simple, Go to c:/xampp/htdocs/cache and delete file status.ret. refresh your page and it will be Online!

6.3 This is all offline playing! You will not appear online if you are using your current configuration. To make it online, you will need to change all your Local IP (which is in this tutorial 192.168.1.100 into your IP (get it here )

6.4 Add your IP (get from ) to your Local Area Network to enable you to access the Retro Hotel v6 via offline... change it whenever your Dynamic IP is changed

set%252520up%252520local%252520ip.jpg

6.5 Use an Auto IP update to update your DNS settings, you connection to your Hotel is not interrupted even if your Dynamic IP changed.

The FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]

1. My Emulator starts then closed automatically, I can't even screenshot the error:
Install the .Net Framework, and the Mysql connector. - mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.8 |

1. You might try this connector also:

2. My hotel isn't accessible online
  • Make sure that Portforwarding is done properly. [Google on how to do that] Please portforward the needed port for Habbo Retro
  • Make a .tk domain and use the FreeDNS tools, very useful for people with dynamic dns
  • Edit the C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. Add your domain name and your Local IP address. (Example: 192.168.0.100)
Still missed the trickiest part? Just email me to [email protected] or PM me on Devbest for further help.

Meow

Jun 8, 2011
very nice thanks for this great tutorial i've seen like this before but this is mutch larger thanks

Awer

- 23K Carot Facials
Dec 29, 2010
Very detailed thread, Step by Step tutorial with screens to help 10/10; Very nice.

gizmo3000

Jun 11, 2011
Will this do anything bad to my ip? My family is using the same server so....Please answer :)

Jun 10, 2011
very nice thanks for this great tutorial i've seen like this before but this is mutch larger thanks
You're welcomed. And thanks to you also :)

Very detailed thread, Step by Step tutorial with screens to help 10/10; Very nice.
Thanks, I was later a "parasite", and indeed, this is my return to the community and be a good host for a good graces :)

Really nice tutorial, easy to follow and understand nice one; Thanks for sharing.
Indeed, Benevolent! Thanks to you as well...

Will this do anything bad to my ip? My family is using the same server so....Please answer
Nope, as long as you didn't put your static Local IP too low (192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.10 is a usual ips that have been used by your families via WiFi, or connected LANs) Just use higher static Local IPS so you could put the higher range for your families such as 192.168.1.100 (sometimes, it is 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1, it depends on your setup, you can get the set ups information at Local Area network status, and click on details)

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Very good tutorial, nice and detailed! The thing I liked the most was step 6 because most people leave that part out and that's hw people often get stuck. Although it would be nice if you had added some images to demonstrate trickier steps, overall it is very nice. 8/10

Edit: Nevermind, missed the screenies, 9/10!

Jun 10, 2011
which is the trickies steps, I will post the screenshots straightaway :)

-------------------------- Post merged 2 minutes after original post. ---------------------------

EDIT: so do I missed your Edit :p

Sorry, pm me any problems :p

Jun 10, 2011
Well thank you Sir :)

---

Edit 3: Drop by at TeamViewer (PM ME), it's a LOOOTTTT easier then doing all of tis alone without no significant knowledge. I would suggest that it is very noob friendly

Rashawn

Jun 18, 2011
Nice , 10/10 You prvided everything needed to Make a retro . And you even Took the time to Detail it . Som tuts are lazy and Just say " Download a Emu a CMS and XAMMP and you're done" But this is Helpful to new people that want to make a v26 PHPRetro I

Jun 10, 2011
thanks :) I'm new here :p but a fast learner and like to detail thing as well lol...

----

Meanwhile, don't forget to update external_vars.txt to your own links... or just used a prehosted one... (I can give a link to my dcr but you need to PM me I can't post it here)

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks goes back to you.

---

Extra notes: You can actually get free cool sub domain names on freedns.afraid.org. Some of the coolest subdomain name you can get is us.to, biz.tk et cetera. get the domain names for your hotel

And use an auto update client to make sure your IP is updated everytime, so there will be minimum interruptions for your hotel players, rather than editing A records manually :)

DaiMinzz

Aug 7, 2011
Thx very helpful!
but how can i make a site from this? that more people play in my hotel :(
pls awnser!

Jun 10, 2011
You can find a resilient web hosting (I do recommend paid hosting because you won't be regret)

BTW, you can also find a free webhosting, but with less strict Terms and Regulations (PM me for more info)

-Donny-

Jul 30, 2011
Hey I open the emulator and it quickly closes, i have connector 5.1.8 am i missing anything? D:

Jun 10, 2011
can you give me a screenshot? or, before that, is it the "program have stopped working" error?

p/s have you tried the holograph emulator instead of bloodline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread