[Tutorial] How to make a v26 PHPRetro with working links & full detail [Tutorial]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rama

Jan 4, 2011
Ok, I had previously made a tutorial for how to make a oldschool retro and it was a success with the positive comments. I hope this one is as well...

Although there isn't many screenies, it is very detailed step by step...
M'kay, Get comfortable and follow the steps...

1) Firstly, download xampp. Not any other xampp but xampp 1.7.3! Thats the only xampp that works with v26, other once will NOT work. Download link:
A) To download the softwhere, scroll down and click on Xampp 1.7.3 Screenie: - Once xampp is downloading, close all windows and copy this thread's link to avoid any confusion while its installing and you can come back when its finished.

2) To install anything else, we need to download winrar from it is a free software!

3) Once winrar is downloaded, uninstall any other version of ODBC connector. Then download mysql connector/net 5.2.7! from

4) Time to get your cms over and done with! For this tutorial, we will get a basic cms. We will get PHPRETRO 4.0.10 Stable.rar! Download link:

5) Once you have downloaded PHPRetro, (It should open with default, winrar) If it doesn't then browse it and open with winrar...

6) Head to your desktop and make a folder called retro. Extract everything from PHPRETRO to the folder on your desktop, Retro. By clicking extract at the top part of your phpretro opened in Winrar.

7) When you finished head off to your htdocs folder in xampp. To get there simply go to your start menu and type in c:\xampp\htdocs OR go to run and type in c:\xampp\htdocs and click enter. Leave that window open, don't close it. Go to the xampp control panel (Search xampp on start bar and click xampp control panel) Click Start to Apache and MYSQL. Don't do ANYTHING else!

8) Ok, So far you have done your mysql downloading (downloading ODBC) Got xampp control panel up and started the apache and mysql. You have also got your htdocs folder up at the moment. Close the rest of the windows accept from that!

9) Go to internet and type in localhost and click enter! It will ask you to choose a language. Choose the language you wish! Scroll down and click on security and type a password in you wish (this will be for phpmyadmin, litrelly the admin panel of your website! You will need to remember it.)

10) When you have changed the password, go back to the htdocs folder I mentioned in step 7 and delete everything inside the htdocs folder. When it is deleted, go to your desktop and open the folder "retro" I mentioned at step 6. (Where your phpretro is) And then, extract the phpretro cms from inside your "retro" folder on your desktop into the htdocs. (Litrelly, Copy all the things in your retro folder on your desktop and paste it in the htdocs folder)

11) All we have to do is get a database now. Go to localhost/phpmyadmin and login with the password you set earlier on at step 9! :)

12) Click on import when your inside phpmyadmin. Then go to and download the file. You should find your database inside there (its a .sql file) Import that into phpmyadmin!

13) Setup your dcrs ALSO included in that file in step 12. (Sorry, I don't have access to the file but IT SHOULD be inside there).

14) Once you setup your dcrs, drag it into your htdocs folder and portforward your router. If you did not port forward it please do so or do it hamachi.

15) Go to your emulator>bin>debug> and go to the config file. When your there, for the password type the password you entered to log into the database and type the database name the db name you imported in phpmyadmin.

16) Launch your emulator and it should be working!

Thanks, past step 12 I got a bit less detailed because I never had access to Emu and Dcrs file, I never had winrar LOL... Sorry about that! Anywayz, thats all you need to know x)

KwikShot

laughing at your security since 2011!
Oct 28, 2011
Nice detailed tutorial, But a quick suggestion on the next tutorial your going to make.
Add screen shots.

But nice detailed thread!

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
y, download xampp. Not any other xampp but xampp 1.7.3! Thats the only xampp that works with v26, other once will NOT work

Correction, Xampp 1.7.1 works aswell, i used to use this
Its not the greatest of tutorials as its very plain. If you added more images it would be decent

Brennen

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
Nov 6, 2011
Xampp 1.7.1 is the best imo, easier to work with and no errors on your pages at all,

joshlong16

Feb 19, 2012
Sorry i'm a noob :), i'm making a v26 hotel , in the middle of downloading EMU + DCR.rar..., when its downloaded how do i set up the dcrs? and i may need help portforwarding please :).

Rater

Feb 17, 2011
Josh all you do is go into the v26 folder of your dcr pack and look for External_vars Or Var and open it with Wordpad Then you well see a link like it well say a ip or a hotellink or changeme just replace all of them with your hotel link or ip then save after that just do this
Then For External_texts Just do Or Text however they put it
And habbo dcr

joshlong16

Feb 19, 2012
Ive made a big mistake haha!, 1. i goto localhost and it says:

Warning: mysql_result() [ ]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 6 in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\classes.php on line 420

Warning: mysql_result() [ ]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 7 in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\classes.php on line 420

Warning: mysql_result() [ ]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 8 in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\classes.php on line 420

Warning: mysql_result() [ ]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 9 in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\classes.php on line 420

Warning: require(./includes/data/.php) [ ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\core.php on line 43

Fatal error: require() [ ]: Failed opening required './includes/data/.php' (include_path='.;\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\core.php on line 43

2. when i run emulator it says database pooling has stopped working?, anyone got teamviewer so they can help me?

joshlong16

Feb 19, 2012
Josh all you do is go into the v26 folder of your dcr pack and look for External_vars Or Var and open it with Wordpad Then you well see a link like it well say a ip or a hotellink or changeme just replace all of them with your hotel link or ip then save after that just do this
Then For External_texts Just do Or Text however they put it
And habbo dcr

read my comment lol, i really need help

Freshy

Dec 11, 2011
I need help....When i load client it gets stuck on Adobe Shockwave, Please Help! Otherwise good tutorial!

Rater

Feb 17, 2011
Freshy That would mean you need to download the newer version of Adobe Shockwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread