[Tru] [v26] - How to make a Habbo Retro - [v26] [Tru]

Was this helpfull?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru

Feb 6, 2011
Well, loads of people want to make retros these days, so I'm going to make it so even the newbies can make a retro.

Chapter One: Downloads...

To begin, you need to download some programs, files and such. As i'm generous, Ill be providing stuff like the emulator and database. Here is some easy to download things, that you can download first:

• XAMPP Lite for Windows -
• Connector/Net 5.2.7 -
• Connector/ODBC -
• NET Framework 4 (Most OS's include this...) -
• PHPRetro 4.0.8 (CMS) -

Now, heres the stuff I'll include, as these are rather hard to find...

• Truhotel's Emulator (An edit of Habbx...) -
• Truhotel's Database -
• Truhotel's DCR's -

Note: The DCR's and database include Oliver customs. If you wish to remove them, contact me on: [email protected] now!

Chapter Two: Installing and configuring XAMPP...

This is a simple thing to do. Once you have installed XAMPP, (with the executable file,) a black box will popup. Just press enter, enter and once more enter. Then it will ask about your timezone, just press enter and it will automatically configure that for you. Then just type in 'x' and press enter to close the dialouge.

Now, goto start and open 'XAMPP Control Panel. Once it loads, start Apache and MySQL. Then open your web browser, and goto and setup a password for PHPMyAdmin. Remember to store this password in a safe place as you will need it later...

Now, so people can assess your retro you will need Hamachi, (unless you can portforward, if you can skip this entire paragraph. Basically, download and install it. Once its setup, press the power button and create a network and a password. Simples!

In order for people to access your site at anywhere other than localhost, you will need to navigate to C:\xampplite\apache\conf\extra\httpd_xampp.conf. Open it with notepad and scroll right to the bottom. There you will find two lines, Order deny,allow & Deny from all. Put a hash, (#) in front of both these lines. Now restart XAMPP and your ready to go - and install your retro!

Chapter Three: Installing PHPRetro and editing the variables...

Right, earlier you should of downloaded Truhotel's database. What we need to do now is login to Click that link, and then login using the username: root and the password you set earlier... Once you've logged in go down to 'Create a new database,' and type in the name: 'holodb', then click create. Once you have created the database click 'Import' at the top. Select the database file you downloaded earlier, then click go at the bottom. Let this process run, it shouldn't take more than a minute.

Now, goto C:\xampplite\htdocs and delete all the files currently in the folder. Then, copy all the files from the 'upload' folder in the PHPRetro archive into that folder. Now, goto a) your Hamachi IP, (e.g: ) or b) your domain/IP address, if you could port-forward. Select the language, then click next. It will run some tests, and if they are all green, click next. Then, enter your details - your PHPMyAdmin password, and the name of your database, (holodb.) Then press next, and change your hotel name. For example, my full hotel name is Truhotel, but the small hotel name is Tru. Then on the next page, enter a username to login, a password and your email, this will be your account. Press continue and this will finish the installation process.

Now, goto /install and cut 'config.php' and then paste it into /includes. Once you've done that, delete the install folder. There, the hotels site is now setup!

Chapter Four: Setting up the DCR's...

This is a rather simple process. First, navigate to /housekeeping in your browser. Then login, and the dashboard will appear. Now, goto 'Settings' and then to 'Hotel'. Now, extract the DCR's from the archive you downloaded earlier. Just put the 'dcr' folder directly into your htdocs folder.

Once done, go back onto that hotel settings page. Change the top field, 'IP' to a) your Hamachi IP or b) your computer IP. Note, to do the computer IP option, you will need to port-forward ports 20-25. Now, in the external texts and variables files enter this:

External Texts:
External Variables:
DCR:

Port fields: Port: 22 and MUS Port: 23

Thats the site setup as far as the CMS is involved. Now goto C:\xampplite\htdocs\dcr\external\v26\vars.txt and open it. Press CTRL+H and in the top field enter: 'YOURURL' and in the bottom field enter your URL then click replace all and close the box. Then save the document. Thats your DCR's completely setup!

(Last) Chapter Five: Configuring the emulator...

This is also not that hard. First, extract the emulator to the desktop. Once done, open the folder and goto \Truhotel Emulator\bin\mysql.ini and open it. Change the password and thats all setup.

The last final step is editing the database. Navigate to holodb > system_config. Then edit server_game_port to 22 and change server_mus_port to 23. Lastly, change server_mus_host to your a) Hamachi IP or b) computer IP.

Well, congratulations. You've successfully configured a retro. Now all you have to do is start the emulator, (run Truhotel.exe) and you will be able to enter your hotel. Please use the poll to vote if this was helpful, and thanking me doesn't take long!

Any further questions email to [email protected] and Ill get back to you as soon as possible - you can also request more tutorials there. Thanks for reading - hope this helps!

PS: To make your hotel appear as online in the CMS goto \includes\functions.php and do CTRL+H but in the top field: offline and in the bottom field: online. Then save!

Abraham

Jul 25, 2010
Well , I dont get this . Is a php retro or a holocms??? Im confused I see cms and php like wtf?

And Also the Tru Hotel Emulator link doesnt work

Tru

Feb 6, 2011
Hey guys, Ill have the link fixed soon - don't worry! :)

(D)

Apr 17, 2011
these tutorials are copied from a othr forum be sure to credit the real maker

Boss

May 12, 2011
Ost they should work on the other side is this a very large but nice tutorial 10/10 Thanks.

RetroNewbie

May 15, 2011
Well when i go to xampp security thing it goes to some kind of thing that french it says pass word and user i tried root but it doesnt work and it says root is your mysql Super user please help!

Tru

Feb 6, 2011
these tutorials are copied from a othr forum be sure to credit the real maker

Actually, I wrote this tutorial myself - the proof is in the links. (Visit Truhotel.no-ip.org FTW.)

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
It's a very nice tutorial although these does already exist but tho is it very nice thanks.

Even though there is some that already exist that doesn't mean people can't make their own. Different people may think this ones easier to understand than the others and vice versa.

Ontopic: This is a pretty good tutorial and might get used by many. But i think it was too much of a wall of writing. I would suggest you to add atleast a few pictures too, or reduce the text. Other than that it's pretty damn decent.

Cheers..:cool:
~Raz0r.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
You need to download the .NET framework. It does not come included with windows, and Linux and MacOS don't even support it. (Linux does, but only up to 2.0 using Wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread