Text box

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Hey there,

I'd like someone to make me a semi transparent black box with the side of 300 x 50px's.
Its going to be placed on another image to write on. It's important that it is semi transparent and black :)

Many thanks to who ever makes it for me :)

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Could you design this on photoshop or something, your instructions are a little weird? :S
sorry but you want it to be black with some opacity so its transparent but you want it to be black aswell? :S

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I can't design it because I don't really know how.
Ok let me explain it as best I can:
I wan't a 300 by 50px rectangle. I want it a black color but sort of see trough? I am going to be putting it on top of an image and placing writing on the box?

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
i will design this for you (give it my best shot) and then if you like it i can code it, but do you think 300 x 50 is bi enough to place an image and writing :S

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Code:
#textbox    {
                width:300px;
                height:50px;
                background-color:#000000;
                filter: alpha(opacity=80);
                opacity: 0.8;
                }

HTML CODE
<div id="textbox">
    TEXT HERE
</div>

adjust opacity to your liking

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Code:
#textbox    {
                width:300px;
                height:50px;
                background-color:#000000;
                filter: alpha(opacity=80);
                opacity: 0.8;
                }

HTML CODE
<div id="textbox">
    TEXT HERE
</div>

adjust opacity to your liking

Can you give me the actual image bro? I don't need it coded ;) Thanks though

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Tell me what image you want to add and text and i can do it fully, just making a box with a little transparency isnt working out for me in photoshop

and if i may ask is this going to be in a website? if it was coding it would be much easier to manipulate and i don't mind helping you with that.

p.s im glad to do this but im little comfused sorry, thats all. maybe because its 2:00am :p

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Tell me what image you want to add and text and i can do it fully, just making a box with a little transparency isnt working out for me in photoshop

and if i may ask is this going to be in a website? if it was coding it would be much easier to manipulate and i don't mind helping you with that.

p.s im glad to do this but im little comfused sorry, thats all. maybe because its 2:00am :p

urg.... I am just asking for a text box. I don't need help with text or anything else. If you can't do it than that's fine.
alp91s.png

That's my attempt. I just want that box to be 300x50, black and transparent ish. ALl i need is the box

Mee

May 4, 2012
Like the box on my design? If so I'll explain how to since I am on my iPad.

Open up photoshop, create a new document with the dimensions. Then the background should be white.

1. Create a new layer
2. On this new layer that should be above the background layer, fill it with black (darkest black)
3. For this layer, lower the opacity until the point that you're happy at.
4. Save as png or gif.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Like the box on my design? If so I'll explain how to since I am on my iPad.

Open up photoshop, create a new document with the dimensions. Then the background should be white.

1. Create a new layer
2. On this new layer that should be above the background layer, fill it with black (darkest black)
3. For this layer, lower the opacity until the point that you're happy at.
4. Save as png or gif.

Something else, I use Paint.NET - I am going to have dinner now so I'll try after dinner on Paint.net and let you know how it goes. Thanks <3

Mee

May 4, 2012
Something else, I use Paint.NET - I am going to have dinner now so I'll try after dinner on Paint.net and let you know how it goes. Thanks <3

Ok, what I said should work on Paint.NET , location of buttons will be different though.

Night

Aug 30, 2011
Not sure if you already got help, but here are steps for Paint.NET.

1. Create new layer over the image
2. Use the make a rectangle tool (make sure you make it "Draw Filled Shape") and drag it to the size you want
3. Double click the name of the layer (that has the rectangle on it)
4. Drag the slider until you meet the opacity you want
5. Create a new layer
6. Type text into the new layer, but remember not to merge the two layers together or your text will be translucent

If you want to make the end of it cut off like you have in the picture (where it is a box that is sliced like / ), you can drag a white diagonal line and magic wand the area to the side you want cut off, and then erase the white line.

Hope that helped.

Mee

May 4, 2012
Not sure if you already got help, but here are steps for Paint.NET.

1. Create new layer over the image
2. Use the make a rectangle tool (make sure you make it "Draw Filled Shape") and drag it to the size you want
3. Double click the name of the layer (that has the rectangle on it)
4. Drag the slider until you meet the opacity you want
5. Create a new layer
6. Type text into the new layer, but remember not to merge the two layers together or your text will be translucent

If you want to make the end of it cut off like you have in the picture (where it is a box that is sliced like / ), you can drag a white diagonal line and magic wand the area to the side you want cut off, and then erase the white line.

Hope that helped.

Works exactly how I wanted it thanks a bunch :)

How can you miss a post just above the reply box? ;S

Users who are viewing this thread