Sulake rewards users for reporting retros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
Totally agree , Sulake are being mugged off.

DataJunky

Mar 27, 2013
Purpose of this thread was to inform others that sulake is going after Retros, even those topping 40 users.

Nifaa

Mar 11, 2013
How are they stupid? They've stolen their product, and have most likely profited from it.
I've only seen this a few times and not any other times... and they start it up again trying to take down little retros that do no harm but when it comes to the big fat ones like Habplus or Fresh they do absolutely nothing.. I find it hilarous because it seems like they are afraid.

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
Could just be a little kid trying to get your cloudflare suspended to get you ip, to take you down? Just a thought y0

Matthewza

Posting Freak
Apr 20, 2012
This is fake, Why didn't they go after the top 4 on Thehabbos instead of going after top 30. :S

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
It's not fake, i got one today i've asked them for mail headers.]
the email:
On April 9, 2013, CloudFlare received a DMCA copyright infringement complaint regarding:

reflectionhotel.info

Below is the complaint we received:

Reporter's Name: Olga Sanchez
Copyright Holder's Name: Yes I am
Reporter's Email Address: [email protected]
Reporter's Company Name: Sulake Corporation Oy
Reporter's Telephone Number: +34 915623648
Reporter's Address: Francisco Remiro 2, edif. D 2º Spain, Madrid ES
Reported URLs:

Original Work: The following information is presented for the purposes of removing web content that infringes on our copyright per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We appreciate your enforcement of copyright law and support of our rights in this matter. We request you to remove the above detailed website from your server. The website in question is an “emulation” server which uses code and images for our product Habbo Hotel ( ) created and copyrighted by Sulake Corporation (hereinafter “Sulake”).

Our copyright ownership is clearly stated on the site thus:

“© 2004 – 2012 Sulake Corporation Oy. Habbo is a registered trademark of Sulake Corporation Oy in the European Union, the USA, Japan, the People’s Republic of China and various other jurisdictions. All rights reserved.”

I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above has been authorized by Sulake, its agents or the law. I hereby confirm that all of the above information is accurate and that I am authorised to act on behalf of Sulake, the owner of the copyrights identified above.

We have provided the name of your hosting provider to the reporter. Additionally, we have forwarded this complaint to your hosting provider as well.

Regards,

CloudFlare Abuse

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Like this is anything new. They send numerous amounts of e-mails, (hence why I see this topic a lot on forums) yet nothing changes.

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
Like this is anything new. They send numerous amounts of e-mails, (hence why I see this topic a lot on forums) yet nothing changes.
Haven't personally seen a DMCA from Sulake in a long time

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Fake DMCA messages trough cloudflare have been around for a long time. Sulake isn't that stupid to mail Cloudflare and waste their money and time, because they know it isn't the hosting, and thus can't change anything about it.

It's not fake, i got one today i've asked them for mail headers.]
the email:

That you get that message to, isn't proving it's real. And you can't say its fake if you haven't seen the mail headers yet.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Going off from what Holmes said, he's 100% right, Sulake would not take the time to send a DMCA through your Cloudflare account. If Sulake wanted to report a complaint about your site they would do it via your VPS/Dedi Host first because without your host your site would not be up in the first place, Cloudflare has no business in that area.

I wouldn't worry about this, as Find said, probably some no-life kid trying to get your IP.

mastermind

May 27, 2012
The bigger hotels (Zap, Fresh, etc...) Are hosted in off-shore countries meaning DMCA laws don't apply to them, they are literally untouchable.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
To prevent further spam, this thread will be closed, asuming this was just another fake DMCA. Nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread