Sulake (/Elisa) taking action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
They're going in 'the deep end' now. TheHabbos, HabboRP, Zap and surprisingly 'Tardis' - Give it a year and the retro scene could be quite different.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
I think, We as a community, should recode our own swfs based on habbo.
We've done the code. Aswell as emulators. They can't sue us for our own code.
Can they?

Smart to bring that up. They cannot touch us if we make things that have no connection to use their stuff. That would allow a change. If RevEMU came out with its own custom SWFS or We could make our own Maybe we should! I mean like WE have the power to do all of this.

It's fake, especially when it says Copyright Holder's Name: Yes I am
Mine said Sulake Corporation

iRekan

XboxOneFTW!
Nov 8, 2011
Smart to bring that up. They cannot touch us if we make things that have no connection to use their stuff. That would allow a change. If RevEMU came out with its own custom SWFS or We could make our own Maybe we should! I mean like WE have the power to do all of this.

Mine said Sulake Corporation

I think its time to say RevEMU is over and done with... -_-

cabaniss

Jun 7, 2013
Please refrain from double posting.
It just means quit charging and thinking you are running a Sulake Hotel just keep them as they are and get rid of people buying from the retro hotels and remove habbo or anything that points towards Sulake and there copyrights, and I would add a disclaimer to any pages built referring to hotels LOL * JUST SAYING * Also people are right make your own hosted swfs etc. and release those so sulake is cut off !!!

If you seen the habbo there plan is not really target retros but target the people who make the emulators that why they took down ***** they are more looking for the people who make the emulators then retros but they take down retros that are making money i read there thing seems one that say seem not make money off people or just doing it for a project they just give them warnings or not bother with them too much.

I would use for educational purposes ;)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
This isn't a discussion about RevEMU - please stay on-topic.

Mee

May 4, 2012
Seen a couple of takedown requests on retros over the past few days, some removed the threads but this 1 didnt:

Links removed [advertising]

looks pretty legit compared to the real thing

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Seen a couple of takedown requests on retros over the past few days, some removed the threads but this 1 didnt:

Links removed [advertising]

looks pretty legit compared to the real thing

Please take a screenshot of the content, without the url of the forum you have linked to.

However, from the posts you showed, I agree with the comments on that forum: a real federal case wouldn't post such things on a forum.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
So, When you receive a DMCA you are going to be charged? I don't get it. Sulake has not been taking serious action for a while.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
So, When you receive a DMCA you are going to be charged? I don't get it. Sulake has not been taking serious action for a while.

When you receive a DMCA notice, it asks you to bring your hotel offline. Most people do. Sulake would take further action if you don't comply with their orders.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
When you receive a DMCA notice, it asks you to bring your hotel offline. Most people do. Sulake would take further action if you don't comply with their orders.
So why isn't fresh hotel shut down? or Habplus? Zap? They are all big hotels, Wouldn't sulake want to take them down?

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
So why isn't fresh hotel shut down? or Habplus? Zap? They are all big hotels, Wouldn't sulake want to take them down?

While I can't speak for Sulake, I'm sure all of those three major hotels are on their radar. I'm sure all of them have gotten DMCA notices, but all of them seem to get around it.

Mee

May 4, 2012

They wait for the right time to take down people/groups. Once a friend of mine had a cracked version of Photoshop and after 3 or 4 years of having it he got a message from Adobe and he just ignored it and laughed then he had to go to court and got fined for around $10,000 NZD and around $2,000 NZD in legal costs.

Demonz

Oct 6, 2011
-"There's always a way too go around the system, it's just to keep looking. :)"

Yea there is a ways you can push around for Hosts.
keep you traffic low for example.
Do not have a Paypal account,(If you make money , you pay for it all).
Do not sell or offer any type of virtual exchange.
Use a outdated version, such as PHP,OLD SCHOOL.
And do not be in google search .
Will make your hotel low key and give you a fighting chance.
But Offshore.
I am not a lawyer , but its just common sense.

Mee

May 4, 2012
Fuck, I honestly never knew it could ever get to the point where houses are getting raided.
Such a shame that Sulake have to be such fuckwits.

It's not Sulake's fault that the houses get raided, it's the police who chose and planned the raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread