Sulake (/Elisa) taking action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The past few weeks Sulake has been very busy taking down a lot of hotels. They are both targeting hostings as CloudFlare. Ofcourse, one of the recent threads about Aaron being sued is an example of that ( ).

Share your findings and opinions here!

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Elisa have the money & resources to do so. Sulake were faltering as a company, but because of Elisa, they have more than enough power to come after retro developers & hotels.
Basically, we could be screwed sometime soon.

Sep 21, 2012
There's always a way too go around the system, it's just to keep looking. :)

Matthewza

Posting Freak
Apr 20, 2012
Aaron has posted this two days ago on another forum.

Just an update guys – Sulake are demanding at least 3,000,000 Euros and a further 100,000 Euros in legal costs. This morning my home was raided by the Bulgarian Police, my computer was seized along with additional hard drives that I had disconnected in an attempt to hide data from them – If you bought a Phoenix Licence and operate a retro I seriously advise you to shut down and hide – they will no doubt be able to gain access to the data on my drives which include IP logging from licence verification, even some cracked copies of Phoenix connected to to these servers and no doubt they’ll be pursuing everyone they can. I assume they’ll also access my Paypal account as my login details are saved on the computer, from that they’ll have all of your contact details, whether you paid with your own or worse, your parents accounts – it really looks like they’re out for everyone now

Baevus

the names ethan
Nov 4, 2012
So, only r63b Hotels now, or jontys r63a.
So much dicks, why I moved to minecraft.

Puridee

Jan 20, 2011
Elisa have the money & resources to do so. Sulake were faltering as a company, but because of Elisa, they have more than enough power to come after retro developers & hotels.
Basically, we could be screwed sometime soon.

This isn't really something to get worried about. Sometime soon Sulake may figure out a solution to stop retro from being made but many hosting company's are personal businesses and can prevent Sulake from getting into contact with them. It is not you Sulake is threatening, it is your hosting company. Which ends up with your hosting company sending YOU the message with an additional e-mail sent to you as a warning. Sulake does not have "enough power" to stop retros from being created (besides, retros have been here sine shockwave (v26)).

Baevus

the names ethan
Nov 4, 2012
I think, We as a community, should recode our own swfs based on habbo.
We've done the code. Aswell as emulators. They can't sue us for our own code.
Can they?

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
I think, We as a community, should recode our own swfs based on habbo.
We've done the code. Aswell as emulators. They can't sue us for our own code.
Can they?
Lmfao It'd actually be nice to see this happen :)
But then all images would need to change... the UI of the whole style of the emulator [e.g. you wouldnt be able to have "pixels" or "duckets" or thinking of it credits otherwise they'll still try and take action for copying..

Sabo

Kaboom!
Jul 3, 2010
Lmfao It'd actually be nice to see this happen :)
But then all images would need to change... the UI of the whole style of the emulator [e.g. you wouldnt be able to have "pixels" or "duckets" or thinking of it credits otherwise they'll still try and take action for copying..

Then again we don't need to have a 3rd currency or just create your own 3rd currency maybe call it "Tickets" and start from there.

Blaze

Web Developer
Feb 24, 2011
they can only sue us if we still there images, etc.. but that's why people are getting threatened it's because stole their images etc..

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
This isn't really something to get worried about. Sometime soon Sulake may figure out a solution to stop retro from being made but many hosting company's are personal businesses and can prevent Sulake from getting into contact with them. It is not you Sulake is threatening, it is your hosting company. Which ends up with your hosting company sending YOU the message with an additional e-mail sent to you as a warning. Sulake does not have "enough power" to stop retros from being created (besides, retros have been here sine shockwave (v26)).
Aaron just got his computer seized. They have the power to come after us for damages.

travman12

Jun 12, 2011
If you seen the habbo there plan is not really target retros but target the people who make the emulators that why they took down otaku they are more looking for the people who make the emulators then retros but they take down retros that are making money i read there thing seems one that say seem not make money off people or just doing it for a project they just give them warnings or not bother with them too much.

Michaeltjuuh

May 19, 2013
In Netherlands, Sulake has also several hotels retro taken off the air. A good friend of mine has also a lot of trouble. He unfortunately had to close his hotel.

JasonCole

Rawr-Hotel.co.uk
Mar 17, 2013
On May 22, 2013, CloudFlare received a DMCA copyright infringement complaint regarding:

rawr-hotel.co.uk

Below is the complaint we received:

Reporter's Name: Olga Sanchez
Copyright Holder's Name: Yes I am
Reporter's Email Address: [email protected]
Reporter's Company Name: Sulake Corporation Oy
Reporter's Telephone Number: +34 915623648
Reporter's Address: Francisco Remiro 2, edif. D 2º Madrid, Madrid ES
Reported URLs:

Original Work: The following information is presented for the purposes of removing web content that infringes on our copyright per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We appreciate your enforcement of copyright law and support of our rights in this matter.
We request you to remove the above detailed website from your server. The website in question is an “emulation” server which uses code and images for our product Habbo Hotel ( ) created and copyrighted by Sulake Corporation (hereinafter “Sulake”).

Our copyright ownership is clearly stated on the site thus:

“© 2004 – 2012 Sulake Corporation Oy. Habbo is a registered trademark of Sulake Corporation Oy in the European Union, the USA, Japan, the People’s Republic of China and various other jurisdictions. All rights reserved.”

I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above has been authorized by Sulake, its agents or the law. I hereby confirm that all of the above information is accurate and that I am authorised to act on behalf of Sulake, the owner of the copyrights identified above.

We have provided the name of your hosting provider to the reporter. Additionally, we have forwarded this complaint to your hosting provider as well.

Regards,

CloudFlare Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread