Sony PlayStation Tablet Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Wow! Just when we thought the “Tablet World War” entrants have all been named, we just heard from Engadget that Sony is also working on their own take on a Tablet device. The tablet which is being developed by a team from Sony’s VAIO with the help from the Sony PlayStation dev team and Sony Ericsson has been codenamed ‘Sony S1′, this new tablet is said to have a 9.4-inch display and will be using Google’s Android 3.0 Honeycomb mobile OS.
It will also feature full integration for Sony’s Qriocity and Sony PlayStation Suite. The Sony PlayStation ‘S1′ tablet will be powered by a Tegra 2 processor and will feature a 9.4 inch 1280×800 resolution screen, front and rear cameras, an IR port for controlling devices and a Qriocity button.
As a bonus to Sony’s fans, the tablet will also have pre-installed PSone (PS1) games and (again) support for PlayStation Suite, the company’s cross-device gaming framework.
Engadget says that the Sony PlayStaion ‘S1′ WiFi-only version will be released on September of this year and will have a price tag of $599.
Source: 3anime -

I personally think this won't do much good as the iPad and maybe the Samsung tablet are way advanced in this field and Sony have left it too late to try and compete with them..

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Don't think it will beat the iPad, they will have to do a really look design for the tablet. Honeycomb is very good, I love Sony, I guess we'll have to wait and see

Kristopher

Photographer
Dec 25, 2010
Sony has become very good over its years i think it will become a good product that they have made all they would have to do is make it compatable with playstation games and online then it would pwn (Didnt really read the article alot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread