[Solved] Brain cms MYSQL error

onacceptable

Queen of the Button mashing
Oct 23, 2019
Hi, i am busy installing my hotel everything works but now im having the issues of braincms 1.8.1 telling me he can,t connect to the mysql database while via heidisql (alternative for navicat) i can access it soo how can i fix this anyone an idea

thanks in advance :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Solution
My question is are they correct? You need to use the same information used when you installed MySQL. The username is usually root, and obviously needs to match the database name that you setup when you imported the database.
i made a new user "hoteluser" and gave that user all permissions of that "habbo" database but i allsoo did try the root one for debugging but that allsoo did not do anything rlly ;(
Post automatically merged:

Okey friends i found the issue i had the CREATE USER 'hoteluser'@'127.0.0.1' ip part set to a wilde card now i fixed it and it works like a charm soo if anyone ever wants to do this the same like me make sure to use it like thisCREATE USER 'someuser'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY 'somepassword'; GRANT...

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
i had the same problem with 1.8.1, cant remember how i fixed it but try using 1.9.1 works fine for me. if u need the download let me know and ill upload it.

Last edited by a moderator:

onacceptable

Oct 23, 2019
im sure its valid cuz i used the same info to get remotely into the db the only diffrence is in brain cms i use local ip and for remote use public ip i allsoo trie changing the ip in brain cms but without any success

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
im sure everyone thinks about this info well here it is i changed the password for safty reasons ofc :) but normally there is there the right password :)
My question is are they correct? You need to use the same information used when you installed MySQL. The username is usually root, and obviously needs to match the database name that you setup when you imported the database.

onacceptable

Oct 23, 2019
i made a new user "hoteluser" and gave that user all permissions of that "habbo" database but i allsoo did try the root one for debugging but that allsoo did not do anything rlly ;(
Post automatically merged:

Okey friends i found the issue i had the CREATE USER 'hoteluser'@'127.0.0.1' ip part set to a wilde card now i fixed it and it works like a charm soo if anyone ever wants to do this the same like me make sure to use it like thisCREATE USER 'someuser'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY 'somepassword'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON databasename.* TO 'someuser'@'127.0.0.1' WITH GRANT OPTION; thank you all for your help :)

Last edited:
Solution

Users who are viewing this thread