Show DevBest SmashIndustry.com V2 lay-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So as almost every application is going with the Metro UI style (windows 8, youtube, teamviewer, etc), and I'm kind a fan of it, I thought I could make a template out of it.

So I started working on it, and I am trying to make it look like the Windows 8 Start Sreen.
This is how it currently looks like:
doc9f5bhf.9.2012+at+3.11.10+pm.png

However I couldn't find a good screen of the Windows 8 Start Screen, so if you have Windows 8, I would love it if you could screen it and PM me it/post it in the comments.

Btw, yes I know about the blue box not lining up with the other ones, I'm already working on that.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Where'd you get the idea for the name from. ;)
Yes... tbh, the "Industry" part comes from PlusIndustry. But I have this domain for almost a year now. 
Alright, so I coded a little definition system. How it works: You can sign up (register), you enter your Full name and E-mail, you check the box either you want to recieve mail or not, you choose your language, and you hit "register". Now everytime you visit the website you will be greeted, and if you defined that your language is English, you will be send to an English version of the website. This will all be done on base of your IP.

Everything works with jQuery Facebox, and I also added jQuery tipsy.
Preview:

If I'm done with the website, ofcourse I'll release it. This template will also be used in the further development of .
Any feedback/comments/ratings would be much appreciated.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Its a nice simple design, could possibly have another container below the 3 boxes as it looks a little plain with nothing else there.

Also in regards to your comment about the website selecting your language based upon your IP, how is this going to work for those that use a VPN? For example and english user could be using a Russian IP and the site gets redirected into Russian, will their be an option to manually select language versions if a problem like this occurs?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Its a nice simple design, could possibly have another container below the 3 boxes as it looks a little plain with nothing else there.

Also in regards to your comment about the website selecting your language based upon your IP, how is this going to work for those that use a VPN? For example and english user could be using a Russian IP and the site gets redirected into Russian, will their be an option to manually select language versions if a problem like this occurs?

Thanks Kaz for your feedback. To awnser your question, if you are a registered visitor, there will be a dropdown menu like here on DevBest when you hover your name, where you can change your settings. In there you can change all information given upon registration. Currently there will only be a Dutch and a English language, as I can't speak any other languages. I am also working on a little sub-page where you will get redirected to after registration etc. with the "Succesfully registered", "Your account already exists", "Changes saved." messages, which will redirect you back to the homepage.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Got bored, decided to create a splash page themed around what you already had. (I'm not using it or taking credit, it's all your work ;) )
YdGxM.png

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
So as almost every application is going with the Metro UI style (windows 8, youtube, teamviewer, etc), and I'm kind a fan of it, I thought I could make a template out of it.

So I started working on it, and I am trying to make it look like the Windows 8 Start Sreen.
This is how it currently looks like:
doc9f5bhf.9.2012+at+3.11.10+pm.png

However I couldn't find a good screen of the Windows 8 Start Screen, so if you have Windows 8, I would love it if you could screen it and PM me it/post it in the comments.

Btw, yes I know about the blue box not lining up with the other ones, I'm already working on that.
I pressed CTRL + T and started googling Windows 8 as soon as I saw the picture, then I read it.
Now I have to clear my history.

Looks really nice when can I rip it?

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I pressed CTRL + T and started googling Windows 8 as soon as I saw the picture, then I read it.

Many metro designs already been made on Themeforest or whatever. :p Enjoy

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011

You don't have to rip it, I'll release it once its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread