Sex scandals: Would you listen to a band/artist if a member(s) were involved in a sex scandal?

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
Back in 2013, the lead singer of the band 'Lostprophets' was taken to court due to him sexually assaulting children as well as having explicit images of children on his computer. The other band members claimed that they had no clue what was happening and that Ian Watkins (Lostprophets lead singer) had been acting very strange towards the other members.

The singer/songwriter was then sentenced to 35 years.
Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins has been sentenced to 35 years for a string of child sex offences including the attempted rape of a baby.
Source:

Alot of controversy was brought on by this case many people who were once fans of this group took to the internet to let out their opinions - alot saying they would never listen to this band again, some of whom also said that the other members were not to blame and deserve a second chance while others say that they will listen to the music because although one member did wrong, does not mean the others deserve the same outlook.

In your opinion, could you and would you listen to this band knowing that one member of the group did wrong? What are your opinions on this? Do you think the other members of the band deserve a second chance and do you think they knew what was going on?

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Yeah if I liked the music. What's the point of punishing the whole band because of one member who is serving time for what he did? I don't care, give me the music.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Why would you quit listening to music because of what a band member done? I prefer not to get too involved with a band member's life simply because I'm interested in the music, and not their personal affairs. It actually pisses me off how people jump on the bandwagon & follow everyone else all the time. It's music, you don't have to be in love with the singer to listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread