Show DevBest Secure your self from "Database/Table Drops".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Hello everyone, so you might have experienced your self in some time some "Database" or "Table" Drops, or you might have a friend that have experienced it him self, i have experienced that situation too, but then i continued my "studies" on how to secure your self from drops, and finally made up this easy and simple code.

So, if you have a global or config file, you open it and include this class into it:
PHP:
class userCore { // This is the core of the entire class, it mainly insures security.

public function clean($str) {

return stripslashes(htmlspecialchars(mysql_real_escape_string($str)));
        } //This function ends here.

public function secure($input) {  //Secures that no-one registers/logs in as e.g "DROP database" and drops your entire database.

return addslashes(htmlspecialchars(trim(strip_tags($input))));

} //Function ends here.

} //Class ends here.

$core = new userCore; //Creates the core-> var. May be used as $core->clean($var) or $core->secure($var).

now you got that into your config file just save and close, then go to your register or login page or anywhere where you have a form.

For an example you have a login page, just open it and look for this.

PHP:
$username = $_POST['username'];

and then change it to this:

PHP:
$username = $core->secure($_POST['username']);

and you can do the same thing for the password and on your register page for email, firstname....

Basically this is used in everywhere there is a post method (haven't been tested on get methods).

See how this was easy ?

btw, don't forget on your page to require your config file by doing the following:

Code:
<?php require_once "link to your global or config file"; ?>

Hope i helped, enjoy !

-Khalil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread