ScreenSnap - C# 6.0 - Under Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriosk

Programmer;
Oct 29, 2016
QcZwJpY.png

SCREEN SNAP
Hello DevBest, I am here today posting about my new development. I am currently coding an alternative to LightShot that will include more features than the original LightShot and hopefully be more user-friendly, and overall much better to use than LightShot.

Design
The design is simple, its still a tray icon based application but carries some design improvements such as icons on the menu items when right clicking on the main icon and its also built with flat icons, which in my opinion look much better than the original icons that are used by some of the other software in this category. The design of the website is planned to be built on the Bootstrap 4.0 CSS library and also include various flat icons, along with extra design enhancements closer to the time.

Code
Not much to say here for now, the code is built with the new features of C# 6.0 and is currently a Windows Form Application as not much design is required and it carries the functions pre-added that we need for the application. The website is built with a simple PHP framework coded by the other contributor (Web Developer) and includes a simple view image page, handled by a unique image url and also includes a home, login and registration page. It currently uses Imgur.com's popular API to host the image files and stores the unique ID and image url in a simple MySQL table. Unfortunately this wont be released open-sourced but it may be released with the source at a later date.

Also not forgetting how the icons work, the icons are actually automatically downloaded from our webite directly when you first use this, I'll probably implement a re-cache function at a later date for when or if we ever change the icons as at the moment, it only downs them if the files don't currently exist.

83bbb969911b4ffbae852324fadb0c77.png

4ecaff416e394658bef24b65efa5a78e.png

Code:
var menu = new ContextMenuStrip();

var mySettingsItem = new ToolStripMenuItem
            {
                Image = Image.FromFile(Program.GetFolderPath() + "/my_settings.ico"),
                Text = @"My Settings"
            };

Code:
notifyIcon.MouseClick += new MouseEventHandler(OnMouseClick);
            notifyIcon.Icon = Icon.ExtractAssociatedIcon(savePath);
            notifyIcon.Text = @"Screen Snap";
            notifyIcon.Visible = true;
            notifyIcon.ContextMenuStrip = new ContextMenus().CreateNew();

Big thanks to @JynX also for contributing on this with me with many of the functionality, mainly PHP but also helped with ideas and some of the code in C#. Another big thanks, to @Pr1nc3 for testing this out and checking if everything is functioning well.

Let me know what you think of the icons on the screenshots, Im not 100% sure atm :p
Lets build a strong, positive project!
Tonight's Updates: 01/11/2016 22:05
  • You can now select an area to snap when you click on the tray icon
  • Added a prntscr hotkey to do above

Last edited:

LucasDay

Nov 23, 2016
Whats the point ? Not to be rude but LightShot pretty much does the basic job and is fast. In my opinion an alternative to Lightshot is not needed,
-L

Seriosk

Programmer;
Oct 29, 2016
Whats the point ? Not to be rude but LightShot pretty much does the basic job and is fast. In my opinion an alternative to Lightshot is not needed,
-L

I never said it was needed, although there are certain edits that can make something better.. especially if they suit your personal preference.

iCranavvo

nope! not really!
Oct 27, 2011
I think there's no place on the internet for yet another screen snapper. With the evolution of Windows, and Drive (I know, it's shit), it's even more easier now to just press print screen and I have the link to paste anywhere I like.

It'll be hard to market, unless you offer a hosting to go with it so I don't have to rely on hosting images myself.

TheRealMoonman

I eat babies
Sep 30, 2014
-L
QcZwJpY.png

SCREEN SNAP
Hello DevBest, I am here today posting about my new development. I am currently coding an alternative to LightShot that will include more features than the original LightShot and hopefully be more user-friendly, and overall much better to use than LightShot.​

Not just that, but whats stopping me from deobfuscating the code? you'd wanna hope that your connectionstrings are DES encrypted within the app.config before you post that shit near me, if you can't do that, maybe switch to SQL server.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Please let me know if this development if still active, if so, I'll re-open the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread