• Not very good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Pattrnize was an idea I had while looking around for patterns that would be useful to my further projects. I got the images and there was a lot of them. I tried to see if there was a tool or a way to take these images and put them in a pattern file automatically without doing it manually in Photoshop — You know, take each image, open them up in photoshop and define them all as a pattern, then save them. That would take a lot of time.

What is Pattrnize?
Pattrnize is used to take a bunch of images - either a selection of images or a folder - and drag them in to the application. From here you can either choose to name each pattern (default they would have the same name as the filename of the image) and a name of the pattern file (default it would be the folders name, if selected images then it would be 'Custom Patterns'). You can choose to fill that out or skip it. After that, the application would then process each image and make a pattern file easily to use directly from Photoshop.

Why is Pattrnize better than doing it manually?
Because it takes hell a lot of time to manually take each image (let's say 10+) and define each of them as pattern - Patternize saves that time so you don't waste it.

OK then, how does it look like?I made a mockup (non functional graphic user interface). Now this lacks of most of the features mentioned above, but will be designed further when I get the time.

Pattrnize.png
Each window is separate from the same application. This means there is one window, but this just shows how it looks like when processing.​
— First window shows an inactive window. This is what it looks like when you start the application.​
— Second window shows an active window. This is what it looks like when you drag a folder or multiple images over the application.​
— Third window shows the processing. This is what it looks like when the application is generating ("patternizing") the images into a pattern file.​
Will it be ever be developed?
Depends on wether I get the time to learn some Objective-C or find a nice guy who would like to join the development. The idea is that the application is free, but might have an extended version that can be bought for a low price.​
Hey, I am a developer what can I do?
First of, this is an Mac application (until now) and that means I only need skilled developers who know much about Objective-C and know how everything like custom components works and are made also a very strong code base, which is fast and reliable.​

Why not just for Windows?
Hard question, but I would like to start out with a platform that I use mostly. I do know a lot of C# / .NET but I really just want to release an application for designers, which usually mostly use Mac as their main OS. This might come in the future if it gets requested enough and I get the time.​
I hope you like the idea. So what do you think of the idea? What could be some nice features this application? Would you use it (If you had the Mac OS)? Please discuss and help me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread