Revolution Server (Java, PRODUCTION)

What revision should be released with the IPO?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
glad you pointed that out with the SQL query, I made it like that because I was booting a version before bcrypt was added... now bcrypt is added, if you look a lil to your left

But when I said "secure" I was implicitly referring to the state of the HTTP framework
Oh, I get it now. You purposefully made a version that stored passwords in plaintext. Gotcha.

"definitely secure"
"but just this one portion I am referring to"

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Oh, I get it now. You purposefully made a version that stored passwords in plaintext. Gotcha.

"definitely secure"
"but just this one portion I am referring to"
The first sentence is incredibly accurate, I didn't feel like rebooting the server after adding bcrypt because I knew I should've used async Promises instead of sync.
And no, not just one portion of it, but the whole thing... but especially the HTTP framework, not just.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
The first sentence is incredibly accurate, I didn't feel like rebooting the server after adding bcrypt because I knew I should've used async Promises instead of sync.
And no, not just one portion of it, but the whole thing... but especially the HTTP framework, not just.
Oh whoops, sorry:
"definitely secure"
"whole thing, except your passwords"

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Oh whoops, sorry:
"definitely secure"
"whole thing, except your passwords"
lol I didn't expect you to understand the difference between a development and a production build :D whatever.
If you're implying that you can crack a bcrypt encryption then I guess their passworrds aren't safe, not considering the fact that you'd have to get their hash + salt before doing anything.

All I have for you is emojis :lol::poop:

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
lol I didn't expect you to understand the difference between a development and a production build :D whatever.
If you're implying that you can crack a bcrypt encryption then I guess their passworrds aren't safe, not considering the fact that you'd have to get their hash + salt before doing anything.

All I have for you is emojis :lol::poop:

No, I'm laughing at the fact you called something secure while storing passwords in plaintext (regardless of when it was). It takes less than a minute to add some basic form of hashing, so there really should be no reason you have a "version" that stores plaintext passwords.

But hey, by all means, continue making excuses. You're really good at it.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
No, I'm laughing at the fact you called something secure while storing passwords in plaintext (regardless of when it was). It takes less than a minute to add some basic form of hashing, so there really should be no reason you have a "version" that stores plaintext passwords.

But hey, by all means, continue making excuses. You're really good at it.
4Head

Oh my god, are you stupid? As long as I don't release a version using a plaintext to store passwords how is it any of your concern? Legit, you're making yourself look like an idiot facepalm.jpg
Come back later with a real argument eckostylez, stop making yourself look like less of a developer. wowsoBLESSED Mods please prevent him for commenting any more irrelevant bullshit on my threads.

Anyways please continue to try and twist my sentences around in your deluded mind to try and make it seem as if I was actuallly working on a version that stored passwords in plaintext.

By god, you're an idiot. facepalm.jpg

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
4Head

Oh my god, are you stupid? As long as I don't release a version using a plaintext to store passwords how is it any of your concern? Legit, you're making yourself look like an idiot facepalm.jpg
Come back later with a real argument eckostylez, stop making yourself look like less of a developer. wowsoBLESSED Mods please prevent him for commenting any more irrelevant bullshit on my threads.

Anyways please continue to try and twist my sentences around in your deluded mind to try and make it seem as if I was actuallly working on a version that stored passwords in plaintext.

By god, you're an idiot. facepalm.jpg
Has nothing to do with releasing a version like that and everything to do with the fact that in one post you call it secure when its clearly visible that plaintext passwords are being stored. Then in the next post say it was by design (why?). Why in the world do you have a "version" which does this?

You call yourself a "developer", yet you won't answer that question.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Has nothing to do with releasing a version like that and everything to do with the fact that in one post you call it secure when its clearly visible that plaintext passwords are being stored. Then in the next post say it was by design (why?). Why in the world do you have a "version" which does this?

You call yourself a "developer", yet you won't answer that question.
You call yourself a "developer", yet lack basic problem-solution comprehension skills.

There is no version where passwords are being stored in plaintext. You do understand that a development process is in fact a process meaning password hashing wouldn't be there unless put there, throughout said development process.

That screenshot was taken just before said password hashing was added, hence why it is not there. But instead of coming to that conclusion for yourself with the help of other screenshots that explicitly show you that bcrypt is there, you start nitpicking to make yourself seem superior despite your relevance here being 0.

"Cockiest user" > Arrogance happens to fall under said word as a prime trait.

Respect is earned. Don't be mad that I could care less whether you have the keys to the IBM mini refrigerator. Just admit that you've tried to flame me and failed.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
You call yourself a "developer", yet lack basic problem-solution comprehension skills.
Don't think I've ever called myself a developer.
There is no version where passwords are being stored in plaintext.
Jaden said:
I made it like that because I was booting a previous build before bcrypt was added
Seem to be contradicting yourself.
Respect is earned. Don't be mad that I could care less whether you have the keys to the IBM mini refrigerator. Just admit that you've tried to flame me and failed.
Is there anyone here who even respects you...? You're like the new Brackson, just with more excuses.

Also, I don't work at IBM?? But if you want to talk about jobs, where is it that you actually work? Oh wait...

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Don't think I've ever called myself a developer.

Seem to be contradicting yourself.

Is there anyone here who even respects you...? You're like the new Brackson, just with more excuses.

Also, I don't work at IBM?? But if you want to talk about jobs, where is it that you actually work? Oh wait...
lol why are you still here? + How did I contradict myself, does a "version" = a "build" to you? Don't think so.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
lol why are you still here? + How did I contradict myself, does a "version" = a "build" to you? Don't think so.
Arguing semantics now? I thought you were a "developer"? In what world are version and build not synonymous when discussing any type of application development? Why haven't you answered my question about where you work?

inb4 another excuse/deflection/whiny comment

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Arguing semantics now? I thought you were a "developer"? In what world are version and build not synonymous when discussing any type of application development? Why haven't you answered my question about where you work?

inb4 another excuse/deflection/whiny comment
597f408a1c3a2d048cd348e9cab25da4.jpg

I got to give it to you, your idiocy is pretty fucking hilarious yet annoying at the same time so let me ask you a question.
Since when was the word "version" synonymous to the word "build" in any given context? It's not.

Again, but I wouldn't expect you to understand what I'm trying to say because you lack basic comprehension skills with the butthurt mindset of a 12 y/o which might influence your actions coming on this thread trying to make yourself look informed, yet later departed looking like an idiot.

You can just take this L now and come back later with a valid argument and not just sourceless assertions that make you look like even more of an idiot. Don't try and argue with sematics eckostylez, your misconception of the word "version" was already bad enough.

inb4 you embarrass yourself some more...
g6hlr.jpg

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Since when was the word "version" synonymous to the word "build" in any given context? It's not.

Considering you edited your post to change the word "version" to "build" yesterday, you must clearly think they are synonymous:
<- edited post
<- my quote of your unedited post

Still awaiting your answer to my question on where you work. You were so keen to bring up my employment, but can't even tell us where it is that you work.[/QUOTE]

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Changelog (7/8/2016):
Revolution Emulator:

• Finished Database Table Structure for hotelview_promos
  • Finished Database Table Structure for flat_categories New Navigator packet handlers, Navigator still not finished though
  • Started working on Redis for Session Storage and Game Caching
  • Implemented a GlobalThreadPool for developers trying to preform asynchronous task, not yet configurable. Default Max Pool Size: 3
  • Added more packet handlers, user currency now working, not yet Database cached though
  • Added more player data columns
7a6dd97ec5824e8b9a0d7cc256768654.png

Still haven't had time to recode the Habbo encryption, A boring procedure I'm not ready to encounter.
Revolt:
  • More pages added (Me, Community, Staff)
  • Source code optomizations, completely ES6
  • Now utilizing Bluebird Promises
  • Page added to monitor server analytics provided by Revolution via RCON in real-time
  • Revolt now sharing the same Redis Database as Revolution and will probably be used for inter-process communication with the web server to utilize JavaScript libraries such as
GitHub:

Latest Commit:

Feedback always appreciated!
Regards,

Velaski

winner
Aug 4, 2015
Changelog (7/8/2016):
Revolution Emulator:

• Finished Database Table Structure for hotelview_promos
  • Finished Database Table Structure for flat_categories New Navigator packet handlers, Navigator still not finished though
  • Started working on Redis for Session Storage and Game Caching
  • Implemented a GlobalThreadPool for developers trying to preform asynchronous task, not yet configurable. Default Max Pool Size: 3
  • Added more packet handlers, user currency now working, not yet Database cached though
  • Added more player data columns
7a6dd97ec5824e8b9a0d7cc256768654.png

Still haven't had time to recode the Habbo encryption, A boring procedure I'm not ready to encounter.
Revolt:
  • More pages added (Me, Community, Staff)
  • Source code optomizations, completely ES6
  • Now utilizing Bluebird Promises
  • Page added to monitor server analytics provided by Revolution via RCON in real-time
  • Revolt now sharing the same Redis Database as Revolution and will probably be used for inter-process communication with the web server to utilize JavaScript libraries such as
GitHub:

Latest Commit:

Feedback always appreciated!
Regards,
Great Work mr.Moonshine

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Thread has been closed due to development inactivity, if you wish to have this re-opened please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread