RevCMS Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
So i'm upgrading habwire to R63B, and was going to write a new CMS for it.. but ran out of effort.
I ended up making a rev edit, as it's nice and simple; and I understand it.
I found out mysql is removed in PHP 7.0, so I changed it all over to procedural mysqli :)
Anyway, I coded the shop using jQuery, HTML, CSS and PHP. Using ajax and jQuery, I was able to make everything work without the page needing to submit data to itself via a form and reload. :) it all looks pretty cool. Preview: ! here are some screenies of the shop:
mNn7Tib.png

oOvbMjq.png

IEpF4Dy.png
Screenshots of the rest of the edit:

(Strangely long LOL)

What are your thoughts?
:)

Last edited:

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
CMS looks neat but not unique, the cart idea could be good but not for what you have it for. Maybe for rare furniture.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
CMS looks neat but not unique, the cart idea could be good but not for what you have it for. Maybe for rare furniture.
Everyone else I've shown rated 10/10 :confused: Regardless, will take that into consideration. Maybe having rares such as thrones and drags for something like $0.5, and having them add up in cart like 'x4 Thrones' :)
Also, wasn't trying to make it unique, just wanted it to look nice

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Everyone else I've shown rated 10/10 :confused: Regardless, will take that into consideration. Maybe having rares such as thrones and drags for something like $0.5, and having them add up in cart like 'x4 Thrones' :)
Also, wasn't trying to make it unique, just wanted it to look nice
This isn't about who put what and who didn't, it's an development thread. Take the criticism and learn from it.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You have some good plans for the development, but it needs a lot more put into it effort wise such as design wise maybe add more content such as images, etc.

AnalGoat11

Queen
Nov 25, 2015
Judging by whats shown here, I believe this can succedd but will require some small but neccesary changes. I love the cart feature indeed, but as @Westyy pointed out - a cart feature is more neccesary if you were selling ingame items where multiple purchases would be needed. For account upgrades, a cart really wouldn't be neccesary because its self explanatory your not going to buy VIP and Super VIP at the same time when you can just buy Super VIP.
What I'd suggest you change on the other hand is on the cart you see it says "Add to cart" I find that you can just remove the >> below it and make the button abit smaller. I'm also not keen on the font being bold. The same goes for the Pay Now button, its overly large when you could just encorpoerate the small button used to enter client as the pay now button.

Also on the me page maybe you could be a little more creative as it appears to look like a basic RevCMS edit so maybe change the image behind the avatar logo, stretch out the avatar logo as seen on the BoostCMS development thread. Also, you should add the news comments to the news page.

Rain

c
Mar 13, 2015
Was just happy i got the ajax n everything working on the store. The rest of the cms isnt special

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
Judging by whats shown here, I believe this can succedd but will require some small but neccesary changes. I love the cart feature indeed, but as @Westyy pointed out - a cart feature is more neccesary if you were selling ingame items where multiple purchases would be needed. For account upgrades, a cart really wouldn't be neccesary because its self explanatory your not going to buy VIP and Super VIP at the same time when you can just buy Super VIP.
What I'd suggest you change on the other hand is on the cart you see it says "Add to cart" I find that you can just remove the >> below it and make the button abit smaller. I'm also not keen on the font being bold. The same goes for the Pay Now button, its overly large when you could just encorpoerate the small button used to enter client as the pay now button.

Also on the me page maybe you could be a little more creative as it appears to look like a basic RevCMS edit so maybe change the image behind the avatar logo, stretch out the avatar logo as seen on the BoostCMS development thread. Also, you should add the news comments to the news page.

Maybe they want to buy VIP + More Diamonds ever think of that

brandontwy

Dec 31, 2013
That looks good but would match better with things like credits, rares etc... And also maybe make it so if they add vip gold to cart next to it you can select what username so they could add two gold vips but to different accounts.

Synt4x

Jan 13, 2016
Yeah, I agree with others, it could be successful but does need some more design work - good job though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread