RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Did tons of work with the frontend of a theme today.

Pages that are done(Hardcoded):
  • Profile(Only shows your information at the moment, will make it so you can watch other user's profile).
  • Staff
  • Community(Contains community stats, registered users, etc.
  • TO-DO: News
This will be for the new minimalistic theme Rev will have.
Oh, also... It's done in Spanish and English.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I just got done doing the final touches to it because some stuff was still in English for me ;) *hint: I put it in Spanish*

Anywhore, next thing to do is make all the boxes in the template (It's a minimalistic look, all 'bout boxes) widgets, now since I need to also code some of it, like the staff. I will need to think the widgets through, since I think they will not work the way I'm doing it now. So expect changes on this.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I could help with a norwegian part if you'd like. Would be epic to see so many different Languages in it ^^ Lookin' good so far manuel!

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
Nice to see rev progressing into languages now too this should tripple how many hotels use rev

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I could help with a norwegian part if you'd like. Would be epic to see so many different Languages in it ^^ Lookin' good so far manuel!

Oh yea, I will totally ask you to fill it out with Norwegian! :)
Nice to see rev progressing into languages now too this should tripple how many hotels use rev

Yea, actually, after this I hope all hotels use Rev eventually. This is going to be big.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Anywhore, next thing to do is make all the boxes in the template (It's a minimalistic look, all 'bout boxes) widgets, now since I need to also code some of it, like the staff. I will need to think the widgets through, since I think they will not work the way I'm doing it now. So expect changes on this.

Yup, you sir, were right.

I just had to rethink how the widgets will work, and with the help of I now know how they will work on an efficient and sexy way.

Widgets:
  • Static widgets:
    • Static widgets are those that never change, they're just a block of text, an image or something else that doesn't change unless you edit it right on the .html file.
  • Dynamic widgets:
    • Dynamic widgets are those that change constantly, they can be a staff list, 10 random users, a box with the lastest news, etc.
    • Dynamic widgets are different though, they have their own class which manages them.
    • The class gives the widget the content it needs, using a database like MySQL or something else.
Now, I will be adding the widgets a bit later(2-5 days??) since I will be very busy the next week.
Cheers!

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
Here's an idea maybe have a javascript system what makes you able to move the boxes around in the order you like, if you know what I mean?

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Here's an idea maybe have a javascript system what makes you able to move the boxes around in the order you like, if you know what I mean?
Example

Housekeeping -> Edit page - > Select page - > Shows page - > Allows to move boxes - > save changes - > discard changes.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010

Yup, I know what you mean. It's like Wordpress, sadly I don't think I have the skills to do something like that. At the moment I'm doing order with MySQL.

If you have a tutorial for this or anything, let me know.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I won't be adding Arab, not because I'm racist but because almost no people that only speak Arab play Habbo.

Don't get your panties in the bunch.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Okay, a little update.

I will be re-coding the class loader(VERY important part of the Framework && CMS) since I think it'll get dirty later on. I will be working partially on this.

Reactions: JpK

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Arabic is a hard-ass language.

And i'm sure most arabic people know english....

It's not like your gonna get Users from Pakistan lol.

JpK

Oct 5, 2011
I can help with the Arabic version

There are loads of arabic countries, use google and look at their populations

- Saudi Arabia
- Egypt
- UAE
- Iraq
- Jordan
- Libya
- Syria
- Morroco
- plus, much more...

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I can help with the Arabic version

There are loads of arabic countries, use google and look at their populations

- Saudi Arabia
- Egypt
- UAE
- Iraq
- Jordan
- Libya
- Syria
- Morroco
- plus, much more...

Sure, give a link to one hotel that is Arab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread