RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiverseLulz

Learning C# :D
Sep 26, 2011
Can you implement a Uber Style? Sorry if you said this earlier.. Because I have tried making an Uber Theme But it didnt work.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Can you implement a Uber Style? Sorry if you said this earlier.. Because I have tried making an Uber Theme But it didnt work.
Yea, sorry for that.

The problem with doing an uber theme is that EVERY CSS file is included into EVERY page, so it really is a mess although it is very user-friendly.

This is changed in RevCMS 3.0, I won't make the same mistake again.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Alright, I pretty much did a good language system in 5 minutes after I received some feedback from the idea.

So yea, all done :D

Skittlecat

Oct 5, 2011
Wow, keep up the hard work, sound's like this going to be an amazing CMS when it's released :)

Will you be looking for people to test the CMS anytime soon?

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Wow, keep up the hard work, sound's like this going to be an amazing CMS when it's released :)

Will you be looking for people to test the CMS anytime soon?
I'll sure look for people to test before release, but it's just very far from done. I'm just doing the core stuff now and handle everything else later.

HabboME

Oct 14, 2011
Yea, sorry for that.

The problem with doing an uber theme is that EVERY CSS file is included into EVERY page, so it really is a mess although it is very user-friendly.

This is changed in RevCMS 3.0, I won't make the same mistake again.

So in 3.0 every css file won't be included in every page? That would be great.. had to work around that when I ripped habbos layout.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Alright guys, just figured out the problem with the database engine(MySQLi), now it works 100%.

The widgets do confuse me in reading, can you provide more information on how the widgets will work?

A Widget can be a sidebar, it can be a Facebook Like Button, it can be a Facebook Feed, it can be a Box containing some Rules, and such.

You will be able to set a Widgets via Housekeeping, set it to a page and set a ranking for it.
The ranking for it figures out what widget to call first.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Alright, I just finished the Framework. 100%. It all works as I want it to work, will probably just add a few more class libraries to it and some sort of Validation class(ty rasta).

Will start working on the CMS in the coming days.

Endo

Jan 8, 2011
Maybe in the mean time, you should try to fix up 1.9.9 because your HK still doesn't work :p

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Maybe in the mean time, you should try to fix up 1.9.9 because your HK still doesn't work :p

1.) It isn't mine, it is Jonty's.
2.) Other people have got it working.
3.) I made it using MAMP/XAMPP, so I used .htaccess/mod_rewrite.
4.) You are using IIS and you can't figure it out, even thought I've helped you.

Not my fault. If you want, just go to
And login, but you'll have to change all URLs to that. {url}/ase/index.php?url=the_page

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Alright, UPDATEZZZZZ

I just did a Hooks system, I don't know if someone will be using it, but it's there if someone would like.

It works like...

PHP:
$this->hooks = Bootstrap::$load->Library_Hooks(); //Get the class
$this->hooks->add('updateIP', $this->Model->User, 'updateUser', array('last_ip')); //Assign the hook 'updateIP' to $this->Model->User->updateUser('last_ip');

$this->hooks->run('updateIP'); //Update user's Last_IP

I'm really just looking for things to do in the framework, because I don't want to start making the CMS and half way through I see something that I want to update in the Framework and I'd have to update both the Framework and the CMS.

Next thing to do: I'm gonna make it so you can choose your own template system, that way I'll be able to switch between my template system and Smarty whenever I want. This might take a day or two.

Reactions: JpK

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Was just doing several testing with Rev(Framework) and found a bug with the MySQLi class, it's all fixed now thankfully.

I just had a deep thought on multiple template systems, and the idea wouldn't work/it's kinda stupid. Since Smarty has way more features than the one I have, I can either (Add features to mine) or just use Smarty.

I think I will use Smarty for the CMS since it'd be so much faster, but I'm kinda busy and it might take time figuring out how to do stuff, where to put it, etc.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I have decided that I will use my own template system.
Why?
  • Amount of time I've dedicated to it.
  • How it is very simple to use.
  • What I have done with it to make things a whole lot convenient and easier.
  • I can always add my own stuff, like page caching which I'll look into and such.
Sorry for the ones that wanted Smarty, but it's worth it IMO.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Another update, finished the language system. Had to edit a few bits because it was not working but it works like a charm now.

At the moment all I have is English and Spanish, when I have the whole phrases ready I'll probably post them on the Idea thread so everyone can contribute with a language. (No language tools pl0x)

Next thing to work on is login and register!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread