RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hey Kryptos, how about an e-mail verification process, and when the user verify their account, they get lets say, 5000c bonus ? because in the Phoenix SQL, there is an mail_verify table..

Wouldn't that require a SMTP server? If this goes on, most likely would have to add a disable option for those not able to set one up.

TheCanadian

Jordan behind you ;P
Mar 21, 2011
Put the avatar in the staff page, honestly not as good as I thought it will be -.- good job anyways. TBH RevCMS had better things, in style and looks...

The profile page should have more things like where you change password, motto, email and etc... The Me page should have the news display under the enter button at the side. The other side should have Hot Stuffs...

masood123

Sep 10, 2011
Its not about the style and looks, but more about security and features. Don't like the style? code your own lol

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Cron job isn't likely, . Users may not want to update their RevCMS. Make it an option.

Mitchul

Sledmoresux
Feb 18, 2012
Put the avatar in the staff page, honestly not as good as I thought it will be -.- good job anyways. TBH RevCMS had better things, in style and looks...

The profile page should have more things like where you change password, motto, email and etc... The Me page should have the news display under the enter button at the side. The other side should have Hot Stuffs...
That's why there is going to be a themes system.. d3rp..

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks for your opinions. First of all, the profile page is to show the user's content, not to edit it. I will later make a page where you can edit your information.

The staff page will show the figures when you hover over the page, still a WIP.

This will not be the only skin, and there is a template system where you can make your own.

Yes, I use bootstrap for one of the housekeeping styles.

Cron job for updater will only alert you if there is a new update, it won't download anything.

"TBH RevCMS had better things in styles and looks" - This is RevCMS ( 3.0 ), and in my opinion this style is better than the mango theme. Plus, like I said, there will be more skins coming out.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks for your opinions. First of all, the profile page is to show the user's content, not to edit it. I will later make a page where you can edit your information.

This will not be the only skin, and there is a template system where you can make your own.

Cron job for updater will only alert you if there is a new update, it won't download anything.

"TBH RevCMS had better things in styles and looks" - This is RevCMS ( 3.0 ), and in my opinion this style is better than the mango theme. Plus, like I said, there will be more skins coming out.
And hope those skins aren't pain in the ass.. I mean a lot easier to edit than before.

TheCanadian

Jordan behind you ;P
Mar 21, 2011

Ok, sozz just wanted to say my opinion :) And the profile page where to edit password, email, motto and etc... I meant the Settings Page, I didn't saw one in the screen you had posted. Anyways now I know :) Good job so far, hope to see more...

emonemo1234

Feb 9, 2012
And hey kryptos, are we going to be able to user skins from the previous releases of revcms too? or are we going to have to construct fresh new ones D:?

Mitchul

Sledmoresux
Feb 18, 2012
And hey kryptos, are we going to be able to user skins from the previous releases of revcms too? or are we going to have to construct fresh new ones D:?
My guess, you can use the current ones, all you probably need to do is re-link the CSS, Images & template thingos ( {username} {hotelName} etc.. )

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
My guess, you can use the current ones, all you probably need to do is re-link the CSS, Images & template thingos ( {username} {hotelName} etc.. )

This, you'd just need to edit some template parameters and you're done.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Hey Kryptos, how about an e-mail verification process, and when the user verify their account, they get lets say, 5000c bonus ? because in the Phoenix SQL, there is an mail_verify table..

I really dislike the idea of email verification, so I will not do it.

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
I really dislike the idea of email verification, so I will not do it.
What is bad about it? It means that users can be contacted by administrators for password resets etc. I thought this CMS was supposed to be user-friendly, not what you wanted it to include..

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
What is bad about it? It means that users can be contacted by administrators for password resets etc. I thought this CMS was supposed to be user-friendly, not what you wanted it to include..

I, as a user, would dislike having to verify my email -- Therefor, I will not include it.

gtfohomo

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
I, as a user, would dislike having to verify my email -- Therefor, I will not include it.

gtfohomo
I, as a retro owner, would find it very useful to have users verify their emails. And I'm sure that users would definitely do it for some sort of reward...

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I, as a retro owner, would find it very useful to have users verify their emails. And I'm sure that users would definitely do it for some sort of reward...

You just forgot that this is mostly user-friendly. ;)

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
May I ask, you're not using that crappy Housekeeping you had in the other RevCMS are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread