Recruiting Requiring a C# Habbo Server Developer for an RP

Johnniyo

yo.
May 4, 2012
dfXXywZ.png

Team Job Opening: C# Server Developer
Background:
Prime RP is a professional roleplay game, keeping it as real as possible whilst unlocking a world of endless fun set in the city of Woodbridge. We strive to be the best and remain as professional as possible whilst providing our players an outstanding experience. Developers has a huge role in that, and we're looking for new members of the team to make Prime an even more exceptional game to play.
The Role:
We're looking for a server developer with good C# knowledge, as well as knowing how Habbo and Roleplays work. You must be able to solve issues without creating security issues, exploits or negative impacts on Prime. In addition to that, we also want some creativity- different ways to achieve the same thing.
Privileges:
  • Sysadmin Permissions
  • Server Access
The Start
The start of your role will be intensive. Prime has had developers in the past who have attempted to compromise, leak or otherwise disrupt Prime's reputation in any way. At the moment, we are trying to improve Prime's stability, security and enjoyment and that is where this role comes in. You will be responsible for fixing existing problems, creating new features and supporting everyone in making their experiences a successful one.
The Fineprint
Due to previous experiences, access to Prime's servers will be heavily monitored and restricted in accordance to our security guidelines. This will include:
  • Inability to access the internet/restricted internet access
  • Inability to access Administrative functions, such as Command Prompt/Registry Editor
  • Disabled access of local Hard Drive
  • No access to private files or secured storage zones
  • 24/7 server monitoring w/ screenshots taken at intervals, file access logs, etc
  • Live server monitoring; ability to control your session when needed
The Tools
Should you wish to undergo the position, you will be provided with a server where you can develop Prime's server using Visual Studio Express. A Navicat Premium Essentials license will be also given for use on the server.
Additional applications or tools can be installed by request. If you need to transfer files onto the server, that can also be done by request.

It is a lot to take in. If you wish to apply, please do so by PM'ing me. Otherwise, thank you for your interest.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
dfXXywZ.png

Team Job Opening: C# Server Developer
Background:
Prime RP is a professional roleplay game, keeping it as real as possible whilst unlocking a world of endless fun set in the city of Woodbridge. We strive to be the best and remain as professional as possible whilst providing our players an outstanding experience. Developers has a huge role in that, and we're looking for new members of the team to make Prime an even more exceptional game to play.
The Role:
We're looking for a server developer with good C# knowledge, as well as knowing how Habbo and Roleplays work. You must be able to solve issues without creating security issues, exploits or negative impacts on Prime. In addition to that, we also want some creativity- different ways to achieve the same thing.
Privileges:
  • Sysadmin Permissions
  • Server Access
The Start
The start of your role will be intensive. Prime has had developers in the past who have attempted to compromise, leak or otherwise disrupt Prime's reputation in any way. At the moment, we are trying to improve Prime's stability, security and enjoyment and that is where this role comes in. You will be responsible for fixing existing problems, creating new features and supporting everyone in making their experiences a successful one.
The Fineprint
Due to previous experiences, access to Prime's servers will be heavily monitored and restricted in accordance to our security guidelines. This will include:
  • Inability to access the internet/restricted internet access
  • Inability to access Administrative functions, such as Command Prompt/Registry Editor
  • Disabled access of local Hard Drive
  • No access to private files or secured storage zones
  • 24/7 server monitoring w/ screenshots taken at intervals, file access logs, etc
  • Live server monitoring; ability to control your session when needed
The Tools
Should you wish to undergo the position, you will be provided with a server where you can develop Prime's server using Visual Studio Express. A Navicat Premium Essentials license will be also given for use on the server.
Additional applications or tools can be installed by request. If you need to transfer files onto the server, that can also be done by request.

It is a lot to take in. If you wish to apply, please do so by PM'ing me. Otherwise, thank you for your interest.
You want to hire a developer that doesn't have full access to develop. Sounds legit :down:

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
LOL your not giving them full acesss to develop give em acess and im sure we would all help you
The developer doesn't need access to the server to program, he can program on his personal computer then give the work to the owner and he could publish it. If the developer is afraid of getting mugged (as in, he gives the work then he's kicked), he could always just put some easter eggs.

Johnniyo

yo.
May 4, 2012
You want to hire a developer that doesn't have full access to develop. Sounds legit :down:
LOL your not giving them full acesss to develop give em acess and im sure we would all help you
You do not need access to Command Prompt nor system administrative tools in order to develop a program - you just need Visual Studio, access to the appropriate folders and the 'Build' button. All the resources you need to develop is available - you do not necessarily need the internet on the server because it appears you have the internet on your laptop. I understand your concerns but I am very well aware of what I'm doing.
I know this because it has worked in previous experience, I have my ways to monitor and regulate things.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
You do not need access to Command Prompt nor system administrative tools in order to develop a program - you just need Visual Studio, access to the appropriate folders and the 'Build' button. All the resources you need to develop is available - you do not necessarily need the internet on the server because it appears you have the internet on your laptop. I understand your concerns but I am very well aware of what I'm doing.
I know this because it has worked in previous experience, I have my ways to monitor and regulate things.
Then I suggest you learn to code by yourself, because if something happens and I am your developer and I don't have full access to fix the problem, users get lost and quality goes down.

Johnniyo

yo.
May 4, 2012
Then I suggest you learn to code by yourself, because if something happens and I am your developer and I don't have full access to fix the problem, users get lost and quality goes down.
Please line out a scenario where you would be required elevated access, please.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
You guys are giving him way too much hassle for wanting to protect his server, and keep access limited.

Whomever he chooses to take this on they'll work it out between themselves, as time goes on they'll probably learn to respect eachother and access may be shared that way, that's how it used to work atleast.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Please line out a scenario where you would be required elevated access, please.
  • Inability to access the internet/restricted internet access -> Problem comes up the tech has never seen before, has to google it. Now you just wasted time because they have to switch back and forth between VPS and their computer
  • Inability to access Administrative functions, such as Command Prompt/Registry Editor -> Command Prompt is needed with some instances of mysql such as setting password which would already be done, but theres a few other things command prompt is used for. I use it often.
  • Disabled access of local Hard Drive -> He needs to get into the site?? hello?? This is where the CMS sits? wwwroot/htdocs folder
  • No access to private files or secured storage zones -> Acceptable
  • 24/7 server monitoring w/ screenshots taken at intervals, file access logs, etc -> Acceptable
  • Live server monitoring; ability to control your session when needed -> Acceptable

Johnniyo

yo.
May 4, 2012
  • Inability to access the internet/restricted internet access -> Problem comes up the tech has never seen before, has to google it. Now you just wasted time because they have to switch back and forth between VPS and their computer
  • Inability to access Administrative functions, such as Command Prompt/Registry Editor -> Command Prompt is needed with some instances of mysql such as setting password which would already be done, but theres a few other things command prompt is used for. I use it often.
  • Disabled access of local Hard Drive -> He needs to get into the site?? hello?? This is where the CMS sits? wwwroot/htdocs folder
  • No access to private files or secured storage zones -> Acceptable
  • 24/7 server monitoring w/ screenshots taken at intervals, file access logs, etc -> Acceptable
  • Live server monitoring; ability to control your session when needed -> Acceptable
[*] Internet Access is restricted because I don't want something leaked i.e. A database. I want our players to think that they're information is safe. When leaking happens it really does damage our userbase. In addition to that, we utilise a thing called RemoteApp which integrates the server onto your desktop. Look it up.
[*] Command prompt won't be needed because all accounts and access to the database has been provisioned and set up.
[*] They don't need access to the harddrive where the OS is stored because a) we use Apache which allows us to store the files on any drive, b) the CMS is managed by me (hence C# developer) and c) CMS is on another server.
[*] Thank you.
[*] Thank you.
[*] Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
You guys are giving him way too much hassle for wanting to protect his server, and keep access limited.

Whomever he chooses to take this on they'll work it out between themselves, as time goes on they'll probably learn to respect eachother and access may be shared that way, that's how it used to work atleast.
When I was a so called "candidate" I was given VPS access until I quit. You can't be desperate for a developer, and also treat them like shit.
This RP is owned by stuck-up wannabe professional lowlifes. No offense to Callum

Alot of languages compile from the command prompt... i.e. Node.js
Also, I kept experiencing disconnections while trying to explore on that server.

Last edited:

Johnniyo

yo.
May 4, 2012
When I was a so called "candidate" I was given VPS access until I quit. You can't be desperate for a developer, and also treat them like shit.
This RP is owned by stuck-up wannabe professional lowlifes. No offense to Callum

Alot of languages compile from the command prompt... i.e. Node.js
Also, I kept experiencing disconnections while trying to explore on that server.
Dear Jaden,
Sorry, but may I reiterate that the way you were conducting your interview was unprofessional so you are therefore contradicting yourself. You can't start off by saying 'yo', then take the mick from one of my members of staff ("look at callum, acting all brand new"), as displayed below:
c6o8sir.png
and expect them to treat you as fine as can be. In fact, he ignored your comment first but you continued being impertinent. I don't care what your status is or who you are, the fact remains that you were applying for a role and we treat every candidate in the same way. As for your remark that the "RP is owned by stuck-up wannabe professional lowlifes" is not only arrogant or unprofessional, but it is also very much false. You don't bring in personal issues into a professional conversation. Especially this:
ZZuno4p.png
You were also acting very pretentious by saying that you were "doing all of this shit, writing all of this code... for nothing", and for talking about how you "hit 20-30 and they were all my mates". I'm sorry but we never asked you to write a line of code yet, and at that point you weren't even asked about your previous experiences. We only want to know who you are to us, not who you were to others.
As for your Node.JS, I would have happily deployed it onto that server if you had requested it. I hadn't heard a single peep from you regarding the server since you received your credentials.
Simultaneously, it must be your internet connection that is causing you to disconnect. I remember my observation of your computer on Join.Me and the connection was rather slow, and that server runs a 1Gbps port so the issue is only on your end.
Thank you for applying and I wish you the best in your future endeavours.
Best Regards,

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
I don't see anything wrong with that conversation posted above, Because at the end of we day we're just teenagers/young adults.
Your "staff team" are not acting like they normally do? You have them roleplaying before the roleplay is even open with that bullshit that you preach to make you sound professional?
The roleplay I did with Callum Hosting worked, The reason is because we had a personal relationship that led to more communication and more things got done, Your system... is terrible in my opinion.
We shouldn't play this ignorant role like our life is miserable.
And well, sorry if you feel offended but like I said before, you won't find anything you're looking for here if you treat the people you depend on like garbage.
Learn how to lower your standards.

And if i was so in the wrong... why was I given an apology for the way I was treated after I left?

Last edited:

Johnniyo

yo.
May 4, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with that conversation posted above, Because at the end of we day we're just teenagers/young adults.
Your "staff team" are not acting like they normally do? You have them roleplaying before the roleplay is even open with that bullshit that you preach to make you sound professional?
The roleplay I did with Callum Hosting worked, The reason is because we had a personal relationship that led to more communication and more things got done, Your system... is terrible in my opinion.
We shouldn't play this ignorant role like our life is miserable.
And well, sorry if you feel offended but like I said before, you won't find anything you're looking for here if you treat the people you depend on like garbage.
Learn how to lower your standards.

And if i was so in the wrong... why was I given an apology for the way I was treated after I left?
No, I'm apologising for your ignorance. We did not treat you like "garbage" - you were acting as if you were better than everyone inside the chat and like I said you were being impertinent. They did not know you on a personal level, after all it was a formal conversation that was set up for you to get to know some people for the first time. If you did succeed then everyone would vbe more willing to know you on a more personal level.
And as for your poor background knowledge of Prime, we have actually been opened before but we decided to take a break in order to develop and improve the server. We sailed high at 70 players before relinquishing our position on RetrosList and closing.
As for standards we only wanted a trustworthy and friendly person who can code C# well.
[EDIT] And your opinion on the system is invalid compared to all our BETA testers and staff opinions, especially when you can't evaluate it.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
No, I'm apologising for your ignorance. We did not treat you like "garbage" - you were acting as if you were better than everyone inside the chat and like I said you were being impertinent. They did not know you on a personal level, after all it was a formal conversation that was set up for you to get to know some people for the first time. If you did succeed then everyone would vbe more willing to know you on a more personal level.
And as for your poor background knowledge of Prime, we have actually been opened before but we decided to take a break in order to develop and improve the server. We sailed high at 70 players before relinquishing our position on RetrosList and closing.
As for standards we only wanted a trustworthy and friendly person who can code C# well.
[EDIT] And your opinion on the system is invalid compared to all our BETA testers and staff opinions, especially when you can't evaluate it.
Based off my experiences with RP's like Prime, it never works out so that's the data that supports my opinion. Also, you didn't apologize to me, Someone else did because they know what went on was bullshit, I wasn't judging Prime as an individual RP. I judged Prime based off my observations in that chat after I introduced myself. And I could relate to a similar experience which did not work out so I decided to take the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread