[REQ] Where exactly should I start in C# for Habbo based programming? - Emulators & Such -

HaulzeHQ

Nov 15, 2011
Where exactly could I learn C# for Habbo based programming / coding?

I see a lot of releases, whether it be CMS type releases or Emulation and I would love to create my own and publish it onto such forums for people to use. I've always wanted to invent a program that would be almost as notorious as like Holographic Emulator or PHPRetro. Obviously anything right now would be the least of notorious but I am basically asking, where should I start. Most of them are made in C# & .NET so what's the best way to learn it. If there is anyone who would spare time to teach me some of the basics that would be greatly appreciated too, I highly doubt anyone would waste time teaching a noob such as myself the wide variety of functions of C#.

Also, if there is a better alternative to C# that most people use in making Habbo related programs. Please inform me! I would love to know.

I am also very dedicated in anything I do in my normal life. I have learned a BIT of PHP and CSS but not enough to code anything spectacular. But yes, my question stands.

- Thanks in Advance.

Archaos

Flying High.
Oct 4, 2011
First learn the language without trying to relate Habbo Emulation with everything you learn, then when you have a decent amount of knowledge in the language you can start looking at sources and seeing how everything is done as you'll be able to see the way the program functions and the way it's structured.

With the learning problem I'm sure googling "C# Tutorials" can't hurt but if any C# programmers would like to share the sites or books that they started learning C# in that would be a greater bonus. I'm no C# programmer but it's common sense.

HaulzeHQ

Nov 15, 2011
I wonder how all the great coders of Habbo got their coding knowledge.
Almost EXACTLY my point. Where did THEY start, I just basically want to know where I can start because yes, I have googled "C# Tutorials" as that is common sense, but at the same time, most tutorials online don't specify certain aspects of programming platforms like a real teacher does. My older Programming 101 teacher taught us Visual Studio Express, Python and C++ back in the 9th grade and it came easy to us because he explained how that certain variable function worked in unison with other variables and how you used them as building blocks to tell your computer what to do. Sometimes he would just hand us the book and let us learn it ourselves, hands on which was pretty obnoxious of him but I still learned it pretty well. I am most likely going to better my PHP and CMS/CSS skills before I get hands on with C#.

HaulzeHQ

Nov 15, 2011
I think java would be better as it is cross platform but the thing is... there have only been 2 java releases in minecraft ever.
I've tried Java. It's just not my type of platform. ActionScript is a bit to clean and functions are basically limited when it comes to actual coding. I like to have full control of all aspects of my program with multiple commands for easier access to almost everything even though its more to understand, its more to take in as well.

P.S. I'm not much of a Minecraft fan as I am a Habbo fan until R63 hit. I simply hate R63 with all my passion for anything otherwise. It's just turning Habbo - A community for teens to hangout, to Habbo - Rated eC (Early Childhood). Seriously. Everything has been animated to the max and it's as if we lost all terminology for the word "help" because they just give you the biggest tutorial for such a noob-friendly content system.

Users who are viewing this thread