[REQ] A "Shoutbox Ban Appeal" subsection

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
:O JUST OKAY? thought you were going to give a big explanation like you always do :)

Well Good luck with all the appeals and i like this idea ;)

jayk

Retired Habbotard.
Sep 4, 2013
Would be a good idea considering, most moderators have there paged limited.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Would be a good idea considering, most moderators have there paged limited.
Don't need to get on our page. Just start a conversation with us. I've created a thread regarding PM availability and everyone is PMable

jayk

Retired Habbotard.
Sep 4, 2013
Don't need to get on our page. Just start a conversation with us. I've created a thread regarding PM availability and everyone is PMable

Oh well I am new, and haven't noticed that :p
Thanks for the information, and this would still be good idea due to some moderators ignoring it.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
Honestly, I don't really care to appeal a shoutbox ban. A timer with the time left and the name of the person who banned would suffice, as it's really annoying to keep having to refresh to see if you've been unbanned or not, and not all of us have access to a staff member's Skype.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Honestly, I don't really care to appeal a shoutbox ban. A timer would suffice, as it's really annoying to keep having to refresh to see if you've been unbanned or not, and not all of us have access to a staff member's Skype.
No one is asking for you to contact there skype facepalm.jpg
PM this if you get banned

Updates?

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I would actually like to have a section like this. Too many kids spam me with "UNBAN" when I don't even know how long it has been.

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
No one is asking for you to contact there skype facepalm.jpg
I put "not everyone has access to their Skypes" because I know that some people can contact them directly via that program and they will tell them how long they've been banned.

Regardless the name of the person who banned you would be useful because you can directly PM them instead of PMing them all.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
We don't need a unban request section at all, it'll make it even more annoying because we will add the unban section AND STILL receive annoying unban messages. We need a system like a staff only section were we post names of who has been banned and when to unban them or something to keep on track who is banned and what reason.

Vouch :down:

Wassim

Sep 22, 2011
We don't need a unban request section at all, it'll make it even more annoying because we will add the unban section AND STILL receive annoying unban messages. We need a system like a staff only section were we post names of who has been banned and when to unban them or something to keep on track who is banned and what reason.

Vouch :down:
Or as @Brackson mensioned a timer. Taht would be even better

Brackson

卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍卍
Jun 20, 2013
I don't know if @RastaLulz can add that since it's not his plugin. Why don't you go to Xenforo.com/community and request it yourself.
I'm pretty sure that he can add onto it. All he would have to do is upon banning add a time (e.g /ban brackson 5) (5 as in minutes), save a Unix timestamp of when the ban was filed, and take (current time + ban length) - ban filed time, then display the result in place of the Shoutbox. Easy peasy.

I'm not too familiar with xF plugins, so forgive me if that's not possible.

Last edited:

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I don't want this section! We all know everyone is going to run to appeal the ban right after they were banned. They'd also say "the staff abused I did nothing wrong AMG"

Besides, I don't want to constantly be looking for new appeals.

Wassim

Sep 22, 2011
I don't want this section! We all know everyone is going to run to appeal the ban right after they were banned. They'd also say "the staff abused I did nothing wrong AMG"

Besides, I don't want to constantly be looking for new appeals.
It is not because they make the thread straight away that you would have to do it straight away. Who cares if they say the staff abuse?

Also a section for only the staff and the poster to see, Like the staff application section we had

Users who are viewing this thread