REMOVED.

Dann

ohi
Jan 26, 2013
Sounds great, don't know how it would unpack it all and put it in the right place but I guess I'm not the best in thinking towards that kind of thing..

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Sounds great, don't know how it would unpack it all and put it in the right place but I guess I'm not the best in thinking towards that kind of thing..
when you install the installer you will configure where your swf's are. then when it downloads it all it does is unpack the zip in that directory. :p I might also include swf's for both R63 and R63B releases.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I doubt this will get finished, you have about 4 other developments that you haven't finished, i dont see this one finishing either.

Not to mention it will probably be exploitable.

90s > Present
Jun 18, 2012
I doubt this will get finished, you have about 4 other developments that you haven't finished, i dont see this one finishing either.

Not to mention it will probably exploitable.

Couldn't have said it simpler.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Sounds kind of advanced but at the same time worthless. Really, you cant trust shit like this because it can unpack viruses, have exploits threw in and its just to simple to fuck up. Cant wait to see where it goes, Still be neat to base off of

Dann

ohi
Jan 26, 2013
I've been working on this for a while now and thought I'd share it...

Basically I'm making a sort-of shop where you can go into ase/hk and install SWF's and *some* plugins for revcms in a few clicks. Here is how it works.

-------------
1. You browse catalouge for what you like. *Installed items will be excluded from search*
2. You click download & install
3. Your server downloads a zip file and unpacks it.
4. you get options for you to customise
4. Your server runs all of the sql files required.
5. Deletes install scripts
6. Happy users can enjoy :D
-------------
This system will include:
- SWF furni, etc.
- Room models
- RevCMS skins
- *some* revcms plugins
- Download & manage installed items
- If your a developer you can post your own items in it.
- Other tweaks such as word filters, etc.

if you have any ideas please post them here, I am more than happy to answer. Any suggestions are welcome.

I've currently made the basic script but I haven't styled it and fully set up so there are no screenshots but it will come soon.
I think it is actually good, but pointless since they could just go onto the server and install it, which is probably just as easy as using this. What if someone got a hold of your admin account? They could install all kinds of crap on your server. Won't be using this, but I guess some will.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I think it is actually good, but pointless since they could just go onto the server and install it, which is probably just as easy as using this, except if someone got a hold of your admin account, they could install all kinds of crap on your server. Won't be using this, but I guess some will.
Its good for the swfs and such because I cant do that but worthless, It unpacks them but not adds codes and such to your files and edits your variables.

ButtLord420

Dec 11, 2010
I think it is actually good, but pointless since they could just go onto the server and install it, which is probably just as easy as using this. What if someone got a hold of your admin account, they could install all kinds of crap on your server. Won't be using this, but I guess some will.
Some staff don't have access to the server and some just want to do one click. Anyway thanks. Plus, my admin account is secured with 3 factor authenication (username + password, IP & a text message)
Its good for the swfs and such because I cant do that but worthless, It unpacks them but not adds codes and such to your files and edits your variables.
It does add code and edit things. This is still in dev though.
Good luck.
Thanks ;)

Dann

ohi
Jan 26, 2013
Thanks, it really is simple. At least owner's don't have to give access to vps/ftp. They can also view plugins/themes from Devbest and other rival forums.
One problem with the installing themes is that it would have to change the configuration file in the cms, which isn't accessible unless you want your hotel fucked. How do you think this is going to work?

ButtLord420

Dec 11, 2010
One problem with the installing themes is that it would have to change the configuration file in the cms, which isn't accessible unless you want your hotel fucked. How do you think this is going to work?
yeah, that shoulden't be a problem because you can edit files with php however if it dosen't work I might write up a new config or change some of rev's files to make it fit. Maybe can support/add it into revcms 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread