Registration entries to my database? CMS Help

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Support Threaders,

I now have access to phpMyAdmin, where I will be able to manage the database that will serve as a storage system for both the game, to remember user info in-game, as well as the page content, for submitted registrations and upon login.

However, I have begun to configure my CMS to my localhost that was previously running on XAMP, to ensure that the environment works before looking to acquire services I may not need until it's physically time for an upgrade, and both times, using different locations, the documents I had acting as page content didn't load on the server.

I have managed to restore my localhost both times, so the XAMP dashboard still, at least appears, and so does phpMyAdmin, with all the database info. However, I'd like for the CMS i've chosen and made into my own, containing the content I'd like to use as the pages that would connect to my database, to appear as the first thing the page loads when I enter my localhost or the IP the web interprets it by.

Also, my CMS didn't come with a location for app/management, and is in html, so should I either convert a .php from another cms to configure my hotel, or try to use the .php from the other download, with my current information, anyway?

I am able to load pages by their file paths, and they are connected, in the sense that I can click from one page to another. But my database doesn't pick up on anything, and I can't click some of the buttons, such as some of the headers, the check in button, etc.

It is not hard to get in touch with me. I can PM people, and I hope that people take the time to comment if they are capable of assisting me with this problem.

I'm sure there will be more threads to come where I will need you.

Thanks,
Funkkk NoScope420

Also, does my banner have to be in php?

regimozz

Jun 3, 2011
Support Threaders,

I now have access to phpMyAdmin, where I will be able to manage the database that will serve as a storage system for both the game, to remember user info in-game, as well as the page content, for submitted registrations and upon login.

However, I have begun to configure my CMS to my localhost that was previously running on XAMP, to ensure that the environment works before looking to acquire services I may not need until it's physically time for an upgrade, and both times, using different locations, the documents I had acting as page content didn't load on the server.

I have managed to restore my localhost both times, so the XAMP dashboard still, at least appears, and so does phpMyAdmin, with all the database info. However, I'd like for the CMS i've chosen and made into my own, containing the content I'd like to use as the pages that would connect to my database, to appear as the first thing the page loads when I enter my localhost or the IP the web interprets it by.

Also, my CMS didn't come with a location for app/management, and is in html, so should I either convert a .php from another cms to configure my hotel, or try to use the .php from the other download, with my current information, anyway?

I am able to load pages by their file paths, and they are connected, in the sense that I can click from one page to another. But my database doesn't pick up on anything, and I can't click some of the buttons, such as some of the headers, the check in button, etc.

It is not hard to get in touch with me. I can PM people, and I hope that people take the time to comment if they are capable of assisting me with this problem.

I'm sure there will be more threads to come where I will need you.

Thanks,
Funkkk NoScope420

Also, does my banner have to be in php?

Have you still got the index.html in your htdocs?

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
I do have an index there currently, but it is in php, and not apart of a complete CMS. I was thinking about either trying to translate the php content, into less effective html files, that could produce a better looking overall result or use one written in html with all the right files for configurations, with the exception of a few php files i.e banner, client, etc. I have access to content, that loads to my browser in html, on my xamp platform, but doesn't come with the proper configuration for the app, which are usually packaged with CMS's written in php. To avoid having to backtrack in the future, I'd need to fight the right CMS with all the right files & configurations to be able to use the client.

Users who are viewing this thread