Reasons not to use PlusEmulator.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
You're seriously motivating me to port Plus to .NET Core & continue developing it, @Sledmore would you approve?
All of the reasons not to use plus emulator you stated were absolutely garbage & some of them were even fixed.
I ported PeakRP's emulator to .NET Core a couple of months ago, very little actually needed changing surprisingly. I had fixed it to work with Mono previously, so probably less work than porting Sledmore's release, but the changes for Mono were only minimal as well. Unfortunately our WebSocket library doesn't support .NET Core at the moment, so we're still stuck using Mono and .NET Framework. Either way, both work on Linux and the rest of the issues listed are nitpicky and as you said, most are fixed.

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
I ported PeakRP's emulator to .NET Core a couple of months ago, very little actually needed changing surprisingly. I had fixed it to work with Mono previously, so probably less work than porting Sledmore's release, but the changes for Mono were only minimal as well. Unfortunately our WebSocket library doesn't support .NET Core at the moment, so we're still stuck using Mono and .NET Framework. Either way, both work on Linux and the rest of the issues listed are nitpicky and as you said, most are fixed.
I don't only plan on .NET Core but actually improving the server alot.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Arcturus runs a lot clearner, so to speak, but a lot of work needs to be done on both. Running arcturus, or any emulator for that matter, without the knowledge to run and modify it gives you a basic,functioning hotel at best. There are a lot of small glitches, and missing features from them that you need to go through and fix. It's time consuming, but the end result is worth it.

If you can't do either, don't open a hotel. No one's gonna join that basic shit.

tyutu

Oct 25, 2016
Plus is a good emulator. If you have knowledge you can fix all this and update it! I also thought so, until I started working on Plus and today I have all the problems fixed.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
So when is there a thread on why you shouldn't use RevCMS unless you're a retard who lacks brain cells?

Let's get down to the summary: both emulators are shit and shouldn't be used LUL

Users who are viewing this thread