Show DevBest rabbit.paw - Coming Soon.

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
Seems great, not really original - but I like the idea you combined uploadir and pastebin together.

If this is a guaranteed dedicated server that won't have downtime, I'll start using this as an alternative.

Ramone

GFX & Design Artist
Jan 2, 2014
I would love to be apart of this, and help you with any problems or developments you might need. :)

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
With no 'annoying ads of captcha's', how do you expect to monetize the site?

I'm sure if someone wanted to contribute largely to the project such as handing over graphics that may be seen by a large amount of people they might want something back in return in the far/near future, which is fair really.

I like the idea of the website, however you will need to monetize it in some way or you'll be wasting more and more money every month.

Just a recommendation.

:0

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
The graphics we need aren't big, there really about the sizes of buttons and in return I'd credit graphic designers on our websites about page and offer them beta access and other special features that come out in the future.

You're right about ads, I haven't really thought about ads and earning money to keep the website up so all feedback are welcome for the ads/monetizing side of things.

Will be working on website and providing other info when I get home. thanks.
You will need to think about monetization, possibly not at the beginning of the project but once you have a stable amount of traffic. Possibly manage the quota that each user is allowed and offer some 'premiuim' alternative.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Eh.. it's not unique really, there are many more 'reliable' sites that I would rather use that what you have, if not more and have been around for a lot longer.

However, like every project, best of luck with it, carry it through even if you fail at first. try thinking of ways to make it more unique though and maybe work on adding something to the design, it's maybe a bit too minimal at the moment.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
It's good in my opinion, fast to load and good design, however I may change to another design in the future but for now I'm going to stick with Bootstrap
Mhm, ever heard of 'the 5 second rule'? If you can't grab your visitors within 3-5 seconds they're gone.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Mhm, ever heard of 'the 5 second rule'? If you can't grab your visitors within 3-5 seconds they're gone.
Lol we once had a sub at college that believed a first page of a website MUST NOT HAVE A SCROLLBAR OR PEOPLE WILL JUST BE LIKE FUCK THIS IM LEAVING.

I MEAN WHAT? FIRSTLY 'PORTAL' PAGES ARE OUTDATED DUE TO THE LATEST METHODS OF SEO SEARCHING FOR KEYWORDS WITHIN A WEBPAGE RATHER THAN META. SECONDLY WHO WANTS TO CLICK HERE TO ENTER SITE AFTER THEY'RE ALREADY ON THE SITE.

WAT

--
Also Bootstrap can look nice, and if it's bootstrap.min it will load perhaps a few points faster.

Users who are viewing this thread