Question: VGA Cables and Screens

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Hi!

This may sound stupid but I need to know an answer to this. If I took the screen out my laptop, and put in a VGA cable and hooked it up to a monitor, would my laptop still work? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

Thanks,

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So you want to break out your laptop SCREEN? (Why don't use your laptop screen and a monitor?)

But basically, no. Because when you want to start-up your pc, or reinstall it or w/e, it doesn't search for a monitor, but for the laptop screen itself.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
So you want to break out your laptop SCREEN? (Why don't use your laptop screen and a monitor?)

But basically, no. Because when you want to start-up your pc, or reinstall it or w/e, it doesn't search for a monitor, but for the laptop screen itself.

If he has an external hooked up to his laptop, it will use it on boot.

I took my laptop's screen off because I spider webbed it, and I use an external.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Fuck yeah it would m8.
If you're running windows press the shit out of the start button and type in something along the exact lines of "Connect to a Projector" once that fantastic shit opens choose what you want m8.
if you want it on both screens left click that shit that says "Extended", all that shit is hella self explanitory m8.
Also you can be like, right clickin' on the desktop, hit up that screen resolution menu, and you can mess around with how your dual monitor is setup, m8.

Users who are viewing this thread