INACTIVE Project Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarmonicRain

NextGenHabbo.com
Jun 27, 2012
I didn't write it, I posted it because he doesn't have a devbest account, please don't shoot the messenger! ;p

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Can vouch for Damien so I doubt that post is true at all. I'm pretty sure the Alias project goes back at least 18 months.

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
I known Damien for some time. Gosh I even worked with him and looked at his coding! Since your all about copy cats Mr John, make sure to tell your boy TheGeneral not to take codes from Comet?

OT: Looking good brother !!!

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
I known Damien for some time. Gosh I even worked with him and looked at his coding! Since your all about copy cats Mr John, make sure to tell your boy TheGeneral not to take codes from Comet?

OT: Looking good brother !!!
Arcturus started as a porting project. Porting bfly to java Kappa

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Okay because you're in such denial and everyone else here cannot make their own objective opinion, which is almost funny, and without you making the source available for doing so; its still quite obvious. And thats why I am leaving this here:

KHXDeIM.png

Arcturus started as a porting project. Porting bfly to java Kappa
No it was never a porting project. It was made from scratch.

Can vouch for Damien so I doubt that post is true at all. I'm pretty sure the Alias project goes back at least 18 months.
Arcturus goes back to 2014 and was released 18 months ago. But I know you'll be able to make your own objective opinion when Damien makes his source code public.

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
Okay because you're in such denial and everyone else here cannot make their own objective opinion, which is almost funny, and without you making the source available for doing so; its still quite obvious. And thats why I am leaving this here:

KHXDeIM.png

No it was never a porting project. It was made from scratch.

Arcturus goes back to 2014 and was released 18 months ago. But I know you'll be able to make your own objective opinion when Damien makes his source code public.
It has to made from scratch if it's written in another language? LOL. He stole the structure of a packet from arcturus!?!??!?! OMFG THIS IS ARCTURUS. Please grow up, stop thinking your emulator is the best. It's definetely not.

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Believe what you like, I'm still going to continue developing this regardless.
You're in denial and you have no clue what you're doing. Do you?

Like, code the saved searches like you said in a previous post. Bet you can't because I never coded them.

Sherlock Holmes? [emoji14]

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk
No it is just so obvious. Its almost funny.

It has to made from scratch if it's written in another language? LOL. He stole the structure of a packet from arcturus!?!??!?! OMFG THIS IS ARCTURUS. Please grow up, stop thinking your emulator is the best. It's definetely not.
I find this funny. Your previous post says Arcturus was a port of butterfly and thus copied now you claim this has to be made from scratch because it is in a different language regardless wether it is copied. Its pathetic. Stop being so spiteful towards my project. I have no idea what I did to you for you to be this way, and I don't care. Sure if you don't like my project because of whatever personal reasons sure just ignore it, no need to hate on it. Let people make their own opinion instead of spreading your propaganda.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Attempted to clean some of the off topic/spam.

Try to stay on topic to avoid argumentative posts, use the report function instead of retaliating.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Managed to code Saved Searches (must be a miracle since I can't code). I've also improved on habbos, since they allowed you to add duplicate searches.

RWFbv0jEC3.gif

More updates coming next week, really busy with work. Just worked on this tonight upon request.

MrKyleeeee

Aug 28, 2017
Managed to code Saved Searches (must be a miracle since I can't code). I've also improved on habbos, since they allowed you to add duplicate searches.

RWFbv0jEC3.gif

More updates coming next week, really busy with work. Just worked on this tonight upon request.
Amazing bro and don't listen to the haters, just continue your work and release regardless when the time is right. I was around when the git was up and you did a fantastic job in coding and fixing and improving the things that was broken and needed overall improvements on and just to quote what The General said, "You're in denial and you have no clue what you're doing. Do you? Like, code the saved searches like you said in a previous post. Bet you can't because I never coded them.". Well that was thrown in his face, if you couldn't code then you wouldn't of returned with Saved Searches 100% coded and working. It's just pathetic people have to slay on other people's work, it's one of the main reasons why the Habbo sections have no good released content these days and why Habbo is slowly going down hill. Keep up the great work and hope this project goes far and will turn into a release.

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Amazing bro and don't listen to the haters, just continue your work and release regardless when the time is right. I was around when the git was up and you did a fantastic job in coding and fixing and improving the things that was broken and needed overall improvements on and just to quote what The General said, "You're in denial and you have no clue what you're doing. Do you? Like, code the saved searches like you said in a previous post. Bet you can't because I never coded them.". Well that was thrown in his face, if you couldn't code then you wouldn't of returned with Saved Searches 100% coded and working. It's just pathetic people have to slay on other people's work, it's one of the main reasons why the Habbo sections have no good released content these days and why Habbo is slowly going down hill. Keep up the great work and hope this project goes far and will turn into a release.

Without him posting the source code, it could've also been ripped from Plus. Or Azure or any other emulator. There can no objective conclusion being made untill he makes all his source code publicly available for anyone to see.

No, the reason Habbo sections have no good content is because of people that decide to rip other people off. Thats why a lot of people keep their emulators and projects private, to prevent knuckleheads from either; renaming it, fucking it over or copying it.

Also this is a development section, not a progress section. Source code should be shared for others to criticize. And if you cannot take any kind of criticism, you shouldn't make a public development thread.

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
Without him posting the source code, it could've also been ripped from Plus. Or Azure or any other emulator. There can no objective conclusion being made untill he makes all his source code publicly available for anyone to see.

No, the reason Habbo sections have no good content is because of people that decide to rip other people off. Thats why a lot of people keep their emulators and projects private, to prevent knuckleheads from either; renaming it, fucking it over or copying it.

Also this is a development section, not a progress section. Source code should be shared for others to criticize. And if you cannot take any kind of criticism, you shouldn't make a public development thread.
You're just going against yourself?!?! LOL, you're saying other people can't come to an objective conclusion but you're allowed to hate on him for ripping arcturus? Fucking double moral, please leave this forum.. It's not for people like you.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012

Who said I couldn't accept criticism? You said I was porting Arcturus over to c#, and I responded saying I wasn't and that porting java to c# is a bad idea since they're two totally different languages and would be easier just to start from scratch. Then you and other people responded with off-topic spam so I ignored it.

Before jumping the gun did you stop to think that I might be using your headers? They're the most complete ones and was just easier to update them rather than packet logging every feature on habbo or using Plus' (since half of them are wrong).

Claiming I'm copying your composer structures is a totally different thing, structures in habbo are completely the same across board, unless updated. But even then changed are minimal. Appending pages is the CORRECT way to handle the cagalag instead of using loads of for loops and dynamically handling the currency is the CORRECT way of doing it, having it all static causes problems later down the road when people was to configure new currencies. Just because you did it correctly first(?) doesn't mean everyone else has to keep doing it the incorrect way for them to be unique.

I respect you and your work, and I'll publicly make the source available next week when I get time of work to set up a git.

TheGeneral

Dec 27, 2016
Who said I couldn't accept criticism? You said I was porting Arcturus over to c#, and I responded saying I wasn't and that porting java to c# is a bad idea since they're two totally different languages and would be easier just to start from scratch. Then you and other people responded with off-topic spam so I ignored it.
All facts given and even proof provided by me and @Quackster. And you're still in denial. Come on dude, how difficult is it to own up to it?

Before jumping the gun did you stop to think that I might be using your headers? They're the most complete ones and was just easier to update them rather than packet logging every feature on habbo or using Plus' (since half of them are wrong).
Yeah I know you're copying my headers because the composer names are 100% the same, for the CatalogPagesListComposer, its unique to Arcturus. So instead of actually trying to learn something about how Habbo works, you just rip off other people's work. I spend countless weeks on working out all headers and how they interact. I've implemented a lot of things the correct way, some of which other emulators don't do. You don't know how shit works as you probably don't even know how to navigate the habbo_scripts, let alone read actionscript source code.

Claiming I'm copying your composer structures is a totally different thing, structures in habbo are completely the same across board, unless updated.

I never claimed you stole structures. I don't care if you use my emulator or any other emulator as reference for structures. Sure its the lazy way instead of spending your own time looking through scripts. You won't learn anything from copying. Period. But my point is, and proven, that you steal implementation of it. Emulator structure, implementation structure. I put them side by side and pointed out all the similarities which are nowhere to be found in any other emulator. I've checked, plus is completely different.

Heck, I even pointed out your programming mistakes.

But even then changed are minimal. Appending pages is the CORRECT way to handle the cagalag instead of using loads of for loops

Funny, because now you are still doing exactly that. Loads of for loops. Its recursive, but still for loops. And it still stands that:
95% of the CatalogPagesListComposer class is exactly the same as in Arcturus.
Other than that you; even removed the permissions check for catalog page id in the caption, unique to Arcturus, kept exactly the same class name, used the exact same variable and method names.

and dynamically handling the currency is the CORRECT way of doing it, having it all static causes problems later down the road when people was to configure new currencies. Just because you did it correctly first(?) doesn't mean everyone else has to keep doing it the incorrect way for them to be unique.

No it is not the correct way. In the Habbo.swf they are not dynamically loaded either. So my bet is that Habbo doesn't do it dynamically. It doesn't matter how you implement currencies, the reason I made currencies dynamic is so people could use plugins to add their own currencies without having to edit the emulator source code to add a new member variable. It is a choice of design, something which you have no experience with as everythig I've seen so far uses mostly static manager classes. And even then, the table structure you picked for the curencies table is the same, just a different name. You renamed it all from users_xx to habbo_xx.

I respect you and your work, and I'll publicly make the source available next week when I get time of work to set up a git.
If you had any respect for my work you would've straight up owned up to admitting it instead of denying with all this evidence on the table.

lmao. Call yourself a developer and you cannot even upload something to github? It doesn't take hours to create a new repository. 5 minutes tops. Guess you need an extra week to refactor your source code to work away the similarities between Arcturus and this knockoff.

I am here in this community to help people. Anyone that asks for my help will get that and I'll do my best to help them. But anyone that blatantly rips of off people is a disgrace for this community and does not gain any respect from me and other developers who have put in hard work and a lot of hours into what they do.

And before anyone is going to use the 'you know nothing' slurs, I have a Bachelor of Science in embedded software engineering; experience with programming for over 4 years which includes Java, C, C++ and C#. Other than embedded software I also have experience with machine learning and deep learning.

I know what I am talking about.

You're just going against yourself?!?! LOL, you're saying other people can't come to an objective conclusion but you're allowed to hate on him for ripping arcturus? Fucking double moral, please leave this forum.. It's not for people like you.
He does not give more source code to disprove @Quackster and my claims. Why should I be the one proving that his emulator is not a rip off while so far all evidence supports the statements that were made? Being objective means looking at everything thats on the table and formulate your own opinion, not following the crowd / OP. But as that requires knowledge about the subject, its most common for sheep to follow sheep.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
Good luck with this mate!

But tbh, we don't need another C# written emulator.
Biggest issue is that the language lacks cross platform support, because literally we don't need more shitty retro hotels running IIS on a Windows VPS.
C# does NOT lack cross platform support btw.

Java and C# are also not so different where it would take a genius in order to port source code (especially from a Habbo emulator) over to C#. I don't support that claim.

Last edited:

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
C# does NOT lack cross platform support btw.

Java and C# are also not so different where it would take a genius in order to port source code (especially from a Habbo emulator) over to C#. I don't support that claim.

Yes, C# is cross-platform thanks to the project. But keep in mind this is a third-party implementation, and is not from Microsoft. So any bleeding-edge features of the latest .NET runtime or C# language version may not be implemented.
I know that it's from 2011, but it still applies. C# is NOT cross platform without Mono.
Been coding a few games in Unity using C# imo even worse than PHP.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013

Yes, C# is cross-platform thanks to the project. But keep in mind this is a third-party implementation, and is not from Microsoft. So any bleeding-edge features of the latest .NET runtime or C# language version may not be implemented.
I know that it's from 2011, but it still applies. C# is NOT cross platform without Mono.
Been coding a few games in Unity using C# imo even worse than PHP.
That was up until Microsoft made .net open source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread