Problem with access to my website

Yabbo

Feb 8, 2016
Hey I decided to go through the process of moving my retro to a vps i set up myself and is the first time i have attempted to do so but have ran into a problem

The whole thing works localhost and of course on any PC in my house. But the problem lies no one else can access my website
They keep getting This site cannot be reached (domain URL) took to long to respond

i though it might have been a problem with port forwarding which i was not sure as i thought a vps port forwards itself but went ahead and did it anyway to make sure im sure i did it correctly as it says the ports are open when i search them on can you see me.

Im not great with things such as this so dont hate if it something easy :D but would any one be able to point me in the right direction on how to fix it or tell me what the problem is?.

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
So I take it you've uploaded your site directly from your locallyhosted Xampp Site to the VPS?
If so, have you edited files like config.php to make sure they point to the domain name / VPS IP, rather than localhost/127.0.0.1
If you wish for me to look over this, please drop your config.php below in a code snippet, remove any passwords and IPs first though!

If you believe this is correct, have you created a web.config file in wwwroot, If not create a blank txt document, open it and copy and paste the following into it.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <rewrite>
            <rules>
                <rule name="Imported Rule 1">
                    <match url="^(|/)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php?url={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="Imported Rule 2">
                    <match url="^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)(|/)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php?url={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="Imported Rule 3">
                    <match url="^(.*)\.htm$" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="{R:1}.php" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="Imported Rule 4">
                    <match url="^(|/)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="dash.php?page={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="Imported Rule 5">
                    <match url="^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)(|/)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="dash.php?url={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                </rule>
            </rules>
        </rewrite>
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>
Once you have this text in the .txt document, chose file, save as, then scroll up and you will see a format called "*.*" chose that and name the file web.config, and save in your wwwroot.

If none of this helps, feel free to drop a further comment :)

Yabbo

Feb 8, 2016
Ah yes sorry i did not explain into that enough tbh. It was fully running of a vps that i was paying for and i copied all the files and took a copy of the SQL of navicat and copied it all over and for now im just using windows server 2008 on oracle vm and copied it all over and changed the IP and all to my one so that should not be a issue. also changed the IP my domain name links to from his to mine. and my web config file was working on the last vps so should be fine.

Code:
<?php
error_reporting(0);
if(!defined('IN_INDEX')) { die('Sorry, you cannot access this file.'); }
#Please fill this all out.

#NOTE: To set up TheHabbos.ORG's API go to wwwroot/mysite/thehabbos_api for IIS, OR, htdocs/thehabbos_api for XAMPP and others.

/*
*    MySQL management
*/

$_CONFIG['mysql']['connection_type'] = 'pconnect'; //Type of connection: It must be connect, or pconnect: if you want a persistent connection.

$_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'] = 'localhost'; //MySQL host

$_CONFIG['mysql']['username'] = ''; //MySQL username

$_CONFIG['mysql']['password'] = ''; //MySQL password

$_CONFIG['mysql']['database'] = ''; //MySQL database

$_CONFIG['mysql']['port'] = '3306'; //MySQL's port

/*
*    Hotel management  - All URLs do not end with an "/"
*/

$_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] = 'http://hotelyabbo.com'; //Does not end with a "/"

$_CONFIG['hotel']['name'] = 'Yabbo'; // Hotel's name

$_CONFIG['hotel']['desc'] = 'Make friends, join the fun, get noticed!'; //Hotel's description

$_CONFIG['hotel']['online_text'] = 'Yabbo (s) Online!'; // Its the text that is near 15 Bla's online.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['email'] = ''; //Where the help queries from users are emailed to.@Priv skin

$_CONFIG['hotel']['in_maint'] = false; //False if hotel is NOT in maintenance. True if hotel IS in maintenance

$_CONFIG['hotel']['motto'] = 'I am new to ' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['name']; //Default motto users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['maint_rank'] = 6; // This currently only works for the one rank, in the next build it will allow for the rank +.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['max_reg'] = 3; // The maximum amount of users

$_CONFIG['hotel']['credits'] = 75000; //Default number of credits users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['pixels'] = 65000; //Default number of pixels users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['figure'] = 'sh-3154-106-106.ch-3077-96-110.he-1601-62.lg-280-110.hr-110-1352.ea-3083-104.hd-208-2'; //Default figure users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['web_build'] = '63_1dc60c6d6ea6e089c6893ab4e0541ee0/1697'; //Web_Build

$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_vars'] = 'http://hotelyabbo.com/game/gamedata/external_variables.txt'; //External Vars [Don't edit]

$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_texts'] = 'http://hotelyabbo.com/game/gamedata/external_flash_texts.txt'; //External Flash Texts [Don't edit]

$_CONFIG['hotel']['product_data'] = 'http://hotelyabbo.com/game/gamedata/productdata.txt'; //Product Data [Don't edit]

$_CONFIG['hotel']['furni_data'] = 'http://hotelyabbo.com/game/gamedata/furnidata.xml'; //Furni Data [Don't edit]

$_CONFIG['hotel']['swf_folder'] = 'http://hotelyabbo.com/game/gordon/'; //SWF Folder [Don't edit]

$_CONFIG['hotel']['loader'] = 'http://hotelyabbo.com/game/gordon/Habbo.swf';

//Facts if you enter the fact here it will randomly show at the top of your page!

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_1'] = 'Buying VIP helps keep Yabbo alive!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_2'] = 'Yabbo peaked at 0 users online!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_3'] = 'You can get credits by winning rotw\'s, etc!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_4'] = 'Yabbo is owned by ' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['founder1'] . $_CONFIG['hotel']['founder2'];

/*
*    Templating management - Pick one of our default styles or make yours by following our examples!
*/

#RevCMS has 2 default styles, 'Mango' by dannyy94 and 'Priv' by joopie - Others styles are to come, such as RastaLulz's ProCMS style and Nominal's PhoenixCMS 4.0 style.

$_CONFIG['template']['style'] = 'Custom-Habbo';

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
I went to your hotel, and I am currently getting an DNS error suggesting set-up is incorrect regarding your domain.
I suggest you use cloudflare, and set-up from there - it is much faster and includes good protection + free SSL

Yabbo

Feb 8, 2016
Ah i see thanks its hard to fix when u cant see the problem as localhost pc's will load it haha, i never set up using cloud flare before but i know of it so ill have a go thankyou :)

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
Ah i see thanks its hard to fix when u cant see the problem as localhost pc's will load it haha, i never set up using cloud flare before but i know of it so ill have a go thankyou :)

Head over to Cloudflare, register and chose add site - it'll do a quick BG search on your domain, once done you'll be required to change your nameservers on your name (usually to george.cloudflare.com / violet.cloudflare.com) updating NS can take a while, but will usually be done in <12 hours. Once this is done just add a record pointing the IP to the domain.

If you require any more help, feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread