Show DevBest Portfolio 2014 - Feedback Needed.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
So, I've been working on my latest portfolio design for a little while now, in between doing other jobs, and now I think it's time to showcase it before it launches fully.

You may have already seen my previous/current portfolio ( ) which was created around 6 months ago.

Since then, I've learnt more and tried embedding that knowledge into this design. For example, you'll notice this site loads a lot faster than the older one and uses a lot more jQuery/CSS3 animations. I've gone for a more minimal approach that's easier to read and navigate etc.

My new portfolio can be seen here:
I'll appreciate any constructive feedback that is given as I want to make this look as good as I possibly can before the new year. Thanks :)

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Sexy
*HINT* Give me your .co.uk portfolio theme <3_<3*/HINT*

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Everything looks good, except for the black transparent header title. It looks awful, try to add more padding to it, and it would look nicer with some radius.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Having a little progress bar to show what you are knowledgeable in is really dumb.
Looks a little better than just plain text I think. If you any other ideas feel free to say.

@Nahalem - Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I added that for a reason because I think it does look nice. It does have padding already anymore would look stupid. Thanks for the feedback though.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I'd recommend making it mobile friendly; at the moment it's very messy.
Yup, been considering either optimizing it to make it responsive or creating a mobile version - unsure what to use yet.

@eckostylez See what your saying man, makes more sense. What I mean is, what can I add to replace the progress bars? Or should I scrap that section all together and maybe add links to work in them sectors?

Cheers for the advice.

VaginaMuncher

Chilling with me bitch Fiona
Mar 17, 2013
It's generally really cool....
Only problem which is nothing major is the hover over links? It only works when your at the top so you have to hover above this red line;

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
It's generally really cool....
Only problem which is nothing major is the hover over links? It only works when your at the top so you have to hover above this red line;
See what you're saying, it can be fixed by adding a z-index to the <a> tag instead of just the <li>. Thanks for the feedback pal.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I think the previous work section is annoying, only in the respect that when you focus out of one of the thumbnails, it rotates backwards. Personally I think it should just animate the new thumbnail that you hover over and leave the one you focused out of.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I think the previous work section is annoying, only in the respect that when you focus out of one of the thumbnails, it rotates backwards. Personally I think it should just animate the new thumbnail that you hover over and leave the one you focused out of.
See what you're saying, I'll take a look at how to do that in CSS3 as I can't remember off the top of my head. Cheers for the feedback pal.

Sent from my YP-GI1 using Tapatalk 2

Keno

Mar 12, 2012
Great! I like it tbh but get rid of this ...like how does one get those percentages :confused:? It honestly makes no sense and is completely pointless (looks pretty however); instead what you can say is you have experience in this and that.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Great! I like it tbh but get rid of this ...like how does one get those percentages :confused:? It honestly makes no sense and is completely pointless (looks pretty however); instead what you can say is you have experience in this and that.
Yeah, still yet to get around to changing this, got a lot on. Thanks for the feedback :)

Users who are viewing this thread