PlusCMS - MySQLi, PlusEMU, Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
wD6JlpI.png
Welcome to the PlusCMS development thread. I have decided to start developing a project for the Habbo community along with my good friend Alex. RevCMS is still one of the most used content management system's out there that a lot of new and older players of this community still rely on. Since Rev is still highly active within the Habbo Retro community, we have decided to make our own branch off of RevCMS, but improving security, performance, and reliability. Sure, a lot of people have been doing this over the year, but there is still a fair amount of people that are using an outdated CMS that the author does not really provide support for. We're not trying to be something special or unique, we're aiming at giving the users a friendly user-interface experience. Most of the back end has been recoded to fit this CMS, although some code functions have remained the same (or altered) from Rev's depreciated MySQL language, we have given @Kryptos credit where due.

Our Goals
  • Update constantly where/when needed.
  • Release extra themes.
  • Provide support for the upcoming year(s).
  • Add custom features for everyone to enjoy.
Screenshots
Me:
Staff:
More coming soon...
Me:
More coming soon...
lma8KZG.png
Theme System
Just like most other CMS', this will include a theme system. With the default theme being Alpha. On the release thread, there will be included themes with the download and also links to themes made by the community.

Updates
Even after releasing, we will be patching bugs submitted by the community. We plan to support the project for the upcoming year(s) and also add some people to our development branch in the meantime.

We have decided to add an avatar generator into the CMS itself. Users will be able to change their looks upon registering and also on-site instead of just in-game.

b5QqsCv.png
Why should I switch?
Every hotel owner wants a user friendly, reliable, secure content management system for their hotel. Plus will offer that for you and your hotel. Scared of losing your theme? No worries, Plus does offer support for RevCMS themes and they can be implanted into our CMS with little to no hassle at all.

Where can I see this CMS?
As of now, is the only place where you can see this CMS in action. Sadly, that is only the front-end, any theme you may see here will be included in the release of the CMS.

Will this include a Housekeeping?
Of course, our Housekeeping will be made from scratch and require it's own database tables which includes logging sessions, permissions, settings, and more. It will have a brain of it's own apart from the CMS.

Is this the official CMS for PlusEMU?
No, this is not affiliated with PlusEMU, but our CMS is specifically designed for Plus. We do not support any other emulators and will not be adding support for them.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────​
Credits
Kryptos - The man that created RevCMS, PlusCMS' inspiration.
Everyone on the project is credited, not displaying the names until the release as I don't want to keep updating this part.

Last edited:

Platinum

Hello!
Sep 2, 2012
I’m all up for supporting this project, good luck! I see it being very successful amongst the retro community :up:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I just wanted to question how you’re making it faster, what changes are going to be made in security etc? How much is going to be changed from Revs core?

A lot of hotels also use Arcturus, maybe allow that if it has a developer on board with regular updates.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
I just wanted to question how you’re making it faster, what changes are going to be made in security etc? How much is going to be changed from Revs core?

A lot of hotels also use Arcturus, maybe allow that if it has a developer on board with regular updates.
We mainly fixed a lot of the exploits in the RevCMS. We're still looking on things to improve security, Alex can tell you what he fixed more than I could, but:
  • MySQL -> MySQLi
  • MD5 -> BCRYPT
  • Scripting Prevention (Mainly XSS)
  • Owners will be able to add a custom salt hash (working on this...)
  • Username exploits fixed
  • Configuration allows you to setup some variables, such as max accounts per IP
  • Database contains blacklist for IP's (working on this... no, it is not the same as bans)
  • Cleaned up some code
  • Re-coded functions
I'm probably missing quite a bit of things we have fixed over the past 2-3 months as we never noted the fixes as they were fixed for our hotel. We never planned on releasing this, but have decided to give something back to the community. We were going to release this CMS in PDO as Hablix is currently being touched up in PDO, but decided not to as we want to make this more user-friendly for people to configure and allow users to make things easier, rather than learning a whole new language. We still have plans to release a PDO version, but that's out of sight at the moment. MySQLi has improved load times significantly and we're only looking to make improvements.

We decided to keep the class/interface files the same file name, as if someone wants support on something they may find a fix online, although the code may be different, it will still point them into the right direction when solving issues. We will also be making Help & Support thread fixing issues that users may have.

Our main focus is definitely PlusEMU at the moment, if we have nothing else to add to it, another emulator supported may be beneficial to people.

Reactions: Joe

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
We mainly fixed a lot of the exploits in the RevCMS. We're still looking on things to improve security,
The don't rename it. If anything, call it RevCMS 3.1, or whatever version it is at.

Under the rule of "Edits", I'd like to receive some information about what changed (actual code), otherwise I'll close this thread.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
The don't rename it. If anything, call it RevCMS 3.1, or whatever version it is at.

Under the rule of "Edits", I'd like to receive some information about what changed (actual code), otherwise I'll close this thread.
That's what I thought. There wasn't much information provided on how it's going to be changed with some samples, hence why I asked. I appreciate you trying to help the community, especially for the Habbo section since it isn't get as much attention as it used to.

It's a great idea, don't get me wrong. :up: I'm just not sure if it should be renamed and created as a whole new project if it's just going to be an edited RevCMS.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013

I said we mainly fixed a lot of exploits in Rev, which is true. I’m not going to call it Rev 3.1 as it’s not even close to it, also would need Kryptos permission. Sure, we’ll post some useless code that does nothing.

That's what I thought. There wasn't much information provided on how it's going to be changed with some samples, hence why I asked. I appreciate you trying to help the community, especially for the Habbo section since it isn't get as much attention as it used to.

It's a great idea, don't get me wrong. :up: I'm just not sure if it should be renamed and created as a whole new project if it's just going to be an edited RevCMS.
It’s not a RevCMS edit, a lot has changed which I’ll be posting later. I kept the class file names the same, for the users experience, but directories, configuration, and most importantly the backend has changed.

Since Hablix has received over three DMCA's over the past 2 weeks due to people reporting us to Sulake. They have been emailing our host and other service providers to terminate our services. Not sure why us as there are many more bigger hotels than us. We have decided to shut it down when all services expire. Why is this relevant? Because Hablix was really my test environment for Plus. I'll be releasing the MySQLi version of the CMS to the public at the end of this month with 2-3+ themes included in it. The PDO version which we're still making (and looking for more active developers) will be released in the near future.

Most likely going to push this project to BitBucket or GitLab/GitHub, just don't want to be constantly releasing updates for it and people having to download every file again. This way, people can see changes we have made and update their hotel appropriately. Most updates wont be theme based, more-so back end.

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
I said we mainly fixed a lot of exploits in Rev, which is true. I’m not going to call it Rev 3.1 as it’s not even close to it, also would need Kryptos permission. Sure, we’ll post some useless code that does nothing.

It’s not a RevCMS edit, a lot has changed which I’ll be posting later. I kept the class file names the same, for the users experience, but directories, configuration, and most importantly the backend has changed.

Since Hablix has received over three DMCA's over the past 2 weeks due to people reporting us to Sulake. They have been emailing our host and other service providers to terminate our services. Not sure why us as there are many more bigger hotels than us. We have decided to shut it down when all services expire. Why is this relevant? Because Hablix was really my test environment for Plus. I'll be releasing the MySQLi version of the CMS to the public at the end of this month with 2-3+ themes included in it. The PDO version which we're still making (and looking for more active developers) will be released in the near future.

Most likely going to push this project to BitBucket or GitLab/GitHub, just don't want to be constantly releasing updates for it and people having to download every file again. This way, people can see changes we have made and update their hotel appropriately. Most updates wont be theme based, more-so back end.
Someone actually took the time to report you? LOL. Must've been jealous of your hotel. Nonetheless, Goodluck with continuing this man.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Most of the back end has been recoded to fit this CMS, although some code functions have remained the same (or altered) from Rev's depreciated MySQL language, we have given @Kryptos credit where due.
Fascinating stuff.

Sure, we’ll post some useless code that does nothing.
If any bit of this thing of yours is useless and does nothing instead of actually contributing anything at all to a connected mechanism that powers the whole thing, then why in the holy shit are you promoting it?

All I've seen so far is blah blah about front-end bullshit, and empty talk about back-end improvement, show us some code already and demonstrate why this deserves a name and a brand of its own instead of calling it what it is, a Rev edit just like every other out there.

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
Just another re-name... you still haven't shown us any actual code or snippets of what's new or what you added.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Is there any updates on this?
Haven't been able to find time to work on it lately, hopefully I will soon.

Just another re-name... you still haven't shown us any actual code or snippets of what's new or what you added.
Considering I just looked at your recent posts on other peoples threads, I'm just going to take your statement like a grain of salt - as you just bashed ninety percent of the posts you replied to.

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
Haven't been able to find time to work on it lately, hopefully I will soon.

Considering I just looked at your recent posts on other peoples threads, I'm just going to take your statement like a grain of salt - as you just bashed ninety percent of the posts you replied to.

What can I say? DevBest needs some spice! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread