Flash Please Delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails

Go the fuck to sleep.
Jan 11, 2014
It presents a image problem, and, as mentioned, implies a lack of commitment. Not to mention you're at the mercy of a inconsistent nonprofit which can "accidentally" kill your domain anytime.

You can get a .com or .us site nowadays for under 10$ a year, so why not?

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
I remember .co.cc that killed off hundreds of sites when it died.

Might be fine if you have a community already but don't expect new players to pick your hotel over one that has a domain. Presents a bad image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fume

wag1 piff ting
Dec 4, 2014
It shows a lack of commitment to the project. If you can't stump up or be bothered to purchase a domain then what else will you skimp on? Its image, and image is important for any gaming server/retro hotel.
It's not that we can't be bothered, it's just we feel the money can be spent more wisely, for example on a better server and better proxies.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
It's not that we can't be bothered, it's just we feel the money can be spent more wisely, for example on a better server and better proxies.
Better servers and better proxies won't happen without a good hotel with a large community *- 10 users daily you don't need more then a startvps and simple tcp proxy for $4/month

Timothy

Kylie Jenner
Sep 25, 2013
A domain doesn't represent anything, it just shows that you have the money to purchase. All that matters is how the hotel is and how good it runs for the community there. A domain is just something that you need in order to get to the hotel. Its nothing so stop bickering over it. lol

Tails

Go the fuck to sleep.
Jan 11, 2014
A domain doesn't represent anything, it just shows that you have the money to purchase. All that matters is how the hotel is and how good it runs for the community there. A domain is just something that you need in order to get to the hotel. Its nothing so stop bickering over it. lol

When the owners of a hotel don't even own the domain, it's a issue for me.

The OP owns nothing, the company does and lets him use it.

There isn't much stopping me from using inns to actually buy the domain and stealing all his users or redirecting him to a malicious site of my choosing if played right. Unlikely sure, but it really shouldn't be possible with a 2-3$ fix a actual domain will provide

Free domains don't offer anywhere near the security and peace of mind actual ones do, it can be gone at any time(Much more likely), and poof, your users no longer know how to access the site.

While I get it on a small hotel, a real domain should be a prority from a technical standpoint.

Outside of that, this looks really nice.

Last edited:

Fume

wag1 piff ting
Dec 4, 2014
When the owners of a hotel don't even own the domain, it's a issue for me.

The OP owns nothing, the company does and lets him use it.

There isn't much stopping me from using inns to actually buy the domain and stealing all his users or redirecting him to a malicious site of my choosing if played right.

Free domains don't offer anywhere near the security and peace of mind actual ones do, it can be gone at any time, and poof, your users no longer know how to access the site.

While I get it on a small hotel, a real domain should be a prority from a technical standpoint.

Outside of that, this looks really nice.
Thanks,
about domain:
We are a very small hotel at the moment therefore we are not worrying about the domain. We are actually planning on buying a domain next year, around January, I am busy currently developing some new features for the hotel, some brand new ones that have never been seen before

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks,
about domain:
We are a very small hotel at the moment therefore we are not worrying about the domain. We are actually planning on buying a domain next yet, around January, I am busy currently developing some new features for the hotel, some brand new ones that have never been seen before
oo Like what? :eek:

Tails

Go the fuck to sleep.
Jan 11, 2014
Thanks,
about domain:
We are a very small hotel at the moment therefore we are not worrying about the domain. We are actually planning on buying a domain next yet, around January, I am busy currently developing some new features for the hotel, some brand new ones that have never been seen before

I get paid to do this kind of stuff and have inns at Network Solutions, hell, i may be able to hook you up.

Timothy

Kylie Jenner
Sep 25, 2013
They did just open so give them a break. Maybe sometime in a couple weeks or months they will get a domain.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
They did just open so give them a break. Maybe sometime in a couple weeks or months they will get a domain.
It would help if you read the post before replying ..
Thanks,
about domain:
We are a very small hotel at the moment therefore we are not worrying about the domain. We are actually planning on buying a domain next year, around January, I am busy currently developing some new features for the hotel, some brand new ones that have never been seen before

Fume

wag1 piff ting
Dec 4, 2014
New updates:
New enables added:
MNrcCvC.png

Tails

Go the fuck to sleep.
Jan 11, 2014
Any reason i registered and the owner has no idea who you are?

Fume

wag1 piff ting
Dec 4, 2014
The owner I talked to (Cam) had no idea who you were lol
Well that's because he doesn't know my username on here is Cryto, my in-game name is Bass
CMS looks awful, but good luck!
The CMS has changed, it looks nicer now in my opinion.

If a moderator could delete this thread, that would be great thanks,
R.I.P HabCloud!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread