PHP - good things to use in a CMS

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Since I have to restart my progress on the Imagine Project, I thought it'll be a good time to ask what should be included in a CMS. I know the basics, such as the ability to actually modify the content within the site itself (and without technical knowledge as simplicity does matter.) But what hashing methods should I use for example, filtering methods, and would someone like to help with pointing out ways to keep code clean (and possibly assist with keeping my work free of exploits.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
What exactly is the goal of this project? What do you want this CMS to do? Are you open to use frameworks?

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
What exactly is the goal of this project? What do you want this CMS to do? Are you open to use frameworks?
The ultimate goal (and this is referenced to another section) is to have a complete Habbo CMS - where new users can openly modify the site without prior coding knowledge, everything will flow nice and easily, and of course to be free of exploits while not overly protected so as to provide a faster experience. This is my first custom CMS, and I want it to be the best it can be.

Also I am open to frameworks, however it'll slow down the coding process at first.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
The ultimate goal (and this is referenced to another section) is to have a complete Habbo CMS - where new users can openly modify the site without prior coding knowledge, everything will flow nice and easily, and of course to be free of exploits while not overly protected so as to provide a faster experience. This is my first custom CMS, and I want it to be the best it can be.

Also I am open to frameworks, however it'll slow down the coding process at first.
It would do the exact opposite. But, I suggest including all the basic features of an average CMS, and then build from there.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012

for your first I wouldn't recommend this. just create a something simple then move onto that later on when you have knowledge of how to.

Users who are viewing this thread