Show DevBest Personal Website V2

Swaggots

Sep 22, 2013
I customized the website since the last time I posted here.

If you could check out my website and give me constructive criticism about it, I'd be really grateful.

Link:

Thanks,
Swaggots

Changelog:

• Disabled "View Source" and Image Saving on website.

Last edited:

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
RastaLulz said this last time you posted here, there is too much blue dude! Unless you want to give visitors a headache i suggest you minimize the amount of blue color used there!

You mentioned "All Rights Reserved", did you really reserve all rights and protect the material on your website (not that anyone would want to rip anything of it, no offense), legally speaking?

btw, wtf?

Last edited:

Swaggots

Sep 22, 2013
RastaLulz said this last time you posted here, there is too much blue dude! Unless you want to give visitors a headache i suggest you minimize the amount of blue color used there!

You mentioned "All Rights Reserved", did you really reserve all rights and protect the material on your website (not that anyone would want to rip anything of it, no offense), legally speaking?

btw, wtf?

Suggesting colors might help.

I haven't done anything legally, but being the owner of the material on my website, you should see my point.

I downloaded the theme from weeblyforums.com and it doesn't say anything about the template's original source, so can't help you there.

Swaggots

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I haven't done anything legally, but being the owner of the material on my website, you should see my point.

If you haven't done anything legally then how in the world can you stand there so confident and say that your material is protected while in fact it isn't, anyone can just view your source and take anything they want (not as if there is anything there to be ripped off), and you still can't do anything about it, while if if it was legally protected you can sue who stole your shit.

Though i believe weebly protects it's material, not sure, never used their services and never will, also saying you're a developer then using weebly without even using a professional domain name doesn't really show you're what you say you are, just saying...

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Remake the whole thing. This "template" is horrible, I don't like it. Too much blue, and god knows what more.

• Disabled "View Source" and Image Saving on website.

Oh, c'mon, that's just silly. You can't protect your images by disabling the right-click (F12, search for the image/div, open it in a new tab, save it) ...

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
"Disabled "View Source" and Image Saving on website." do you know how annoying that actually is? In fact, you've made it easier for us to get your source.

Pressing Ctrl + U (if you're on Chrome anyway) is much quicker than right-clicking and pressing View Source, so now you've made Ctrl + U our only viable way of getting your source code, you've made it quicker for us!

And as for the image saving, Ctrl + Shift + I brings up Inspect Element on Google Chrome, go along to Resources and bam!; the images are there.

On the whole, the layout actually isn't that bad. Nice work but remove those stupid JavaScript blockers you've added in.

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
Others have already pointed out a lot of problems..

But one thing that gets the attention of me, I kept accidentally clicking 'Downloads' and 'Projects' which have a dropdown. But if you click it by them selves they go to a blank page. Really annoying..

Last edited:

Swaggots

Sep 22, 2013
Others have already pointed out a lot of problems..

But one thing that gets the attention of me, I kept accidentally clicking 'Downloads' and 'Projects' which have a dropdown. But if you click it by them selves they go to a blank page. Really annoying..

There is javascript code that is supposed to make them unclickable, and it is working for me and several others.
That's a problem on your side.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
There is javascript code that is supposed to make them unclickable, and it is working for me and several others.

If you were paying attention to the shoutbox, you would have noticed that many members shared the same problem as Damon, so no, it's not a problem on his side (please don't say you weren't checking the shoutbox because it already showed you as "viewing forum list" more than once).

Last edited:

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Remake the whole thing. This "template" is horrible, I don't like it. Too much blue, and god knows what more.

Oh, c'mon, that's just silly. You can't protect your images by disabling the right-click (F12, search for the image/div, open it in a new tab, save it) ...

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you should suggest he remake the whole thing, there's people here that actually like this. Not to mention that pretty much the only reason you actually mentioned for deleting it was the color scheme.

Now, that aside, re-code the css in the dropdowns because when you hover over to open the dropdown, the right side extends without animation because of padding that you have added to the list items. I would also resize the headers in the main content down a little and increase the padding below the underline.

Try to utilize the space more, the whole left square is blank and completely a waste of space whilst the right column is cramped because your trying to fit so much content in.

Just html encode it

HTML Encode will do nothing, it might hide it from view source but its still visible from inspect element.

Why are you using javascript to achieve this? just don't add a "href="" to the list element.

Last edited:

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you should suggest he remake the whole thing, there's people here that actually like this. Not to mention that pretty much the only reason you actually mentioned for deleting it was the color scheme.
Not just because I don't like it, because he can see this as an opportunity to actually learn more and do it better this time.

To the other designers that have posted in this thread, don't give him bad feedback
Without the bad feedback, he will never learn to do it proper.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Not just because I don't like it, because he can see this as an opportunity to actually learn more and do it better this time.

Without the bad feedback, he will never learn to do it proper.

Yeah sorry, didn't realize i didn't fully finish that sentence. He can still learn from his mistakes on this, he doesn't actually have to throw it all away, he can build on it.

Edit: I didn't even mean to add that second quote in.

Users who are viewing this thread