Persistent DDoS Problems

Nevada

Oct 16, 2011
Hello,
I'm currently running a hotel reaching at peak 400 users online on a powerful dedicated server however I keep getting hit with attacks reaching 100mbps+. This is extremely frustrating. I have added cloudflare to my site which would work however there is still one way my server IP can be obtained, by viewing source on the client. When you view the source it shows "connection.info.host" : "my_server_ip". Is there any way to remove this or somehow make it so my IP doesn't show? Would appreciate any help, thanks.

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
You can always change that IP for one given IP of cloudflare , However they should probably already have your IP , what you should do is Download Dynamic IP , Then check your logs and find the attacking IP or just get PeerBlock , and Ban that ip from your IIS , then the packets won't proceed to your webserve.

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
Yea , most likely They can do a Ftp nslookup on your server , and get your actual ip , but if you have a good restriction on your webserve , they shouldn't be able to hit you.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
Go into external_variables;

In somewhere, not really see-able add this code;

Code:
connection.info.host" : "server_ip"

In the client, remove the connection.info.host, and add;
Code:
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=4][FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]"connéction.information.host" : "random.ip"[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=4][FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]

Try this, report back.[/CODE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Nevada

Oct 16, 2011
How do I block to connections to all ports except a certain few? Do I add a block to all TCP ports in inbound and outbound rules then make new rules in each for allowing the ones I need?

Cheers

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Big hotels use IIS.

IIS has a plugin for Anti-DOS

Big hotels also use Phoenix.

Which like rSockets, it has anti-ddos for the socket and mus ip.

Users who are viewing this thread