OUYA - A new console coming to the market!

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hey,

Does any of you remember a few month ago someone on DevBest sent a Kickstarter link about this console? (We didn't know it's name back then).

Well now they've made $8,596,474 (to date) out of a goal of $950,000. - Which is amazing, and it'll be shipping out to backers in March. I don't know the price of the console but I heard from WoodysGamertag video that it's $100, which I'll probably end up buying.

KickStarter:
WoodysGamertag Video:
Any of you guys going to try this out? Also, if you pledge $10 or more, you can reserve your username before the launch.​

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Ill see what the reviews are like before purchasing

Yeah, well not long to wait, I think the people who pledged for Developer have gotten theirs now, unsure but in March will probably be a lot of video reviews.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I didn't pledge because i didn't want the alpha version of the dev kit. But i am going to buy a development console for development of games. (Already using their SDK on Java)

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
It looks pretty neat but like said, it's best to wait for the reviews before buying. According to the comments on other videos about OUYA and some websites it's not as good as it seems. I hope all the criticism isn't true, I want to buy it!

EDIT: I'm actually considering pre-ordering right now.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The idea is great, however I'm not a big fan of the design of the controller. However I don't think I'm gonna buy it, if I want to watch Twitch I open it up on my PC or TV (in this case I have a smart TV), if I want to play games like Angry Birds, I'll use my mobile phone. And even some apps are now in the Windows 8 App Store, so in my case I think it's unnecessary.

However, like said, if the reviews are that good, maybe I'd buy one, just to see how it works, and if it sucks I just resell it.

KyleVonnie

Come @ me Bro!
Oct 26, 2011
Some game trailers for the OUYA. I think they are in the development stage tho.

Some of these games look pretty cool honestly.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Seems nice enough just will there be games like Call of duty or Fallout basically games with a storyline. -Im a newb
Well, it depends on whats made for it, so if there are any apps in the Android App Store which include a story line, maybe they will be added. Like I know there is a Call of Duty: Zombies available on Android.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Well, it depends on whats made for it, so if there are any apps in the Android App Store which include a story line, maybe they will be added. Like I know there is a Call of Duty: Zombies available on Android.
Neat so basically only Android games will be used for the Ouya. So its pratically hooking up your damn Android thingy to your tv.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Neat so basically only Android games will be used for the Ouya. So its pratically hooking up your damn Android thingy to your tv.
Not really, as far as I understand you also have a user dashboard, you can watch Twitch TV, the game graphics are really improved, etc.

SkeetEmUp

Habpl.us
May 16, 2011
Guys... Just because its based on a android system doesn't mean the games are going to be android games. If you look through people developing for it the games that are being developed aren't available and won't be on Android they are purely designing games for this console. I've also heard other games that have been developed are interested in moving to the Ouya... They won't move to android. Its different.

I have already pledged when this was in the early stages and will be receiving a console and 2 controllers.

I also reserved the username Sex

Can't wait :D

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Guys... Just because its based on a android system doesn't mean the games are going to be android games. If you look through people developing for it the games that are being developed aren't available and won't be on Android they are purely designing games for this console. I've also heard other games that have been developed are interested in moving to the Ouya... They won't move to android. Its different.

I have already pledged when this was in the early stages and will be receiving a console and 2 controllers.

I also reserved the username Sex

Can't wait :D
Where did you do that?

Users who are viewing this thread