Opinions on OS X Yosemite?

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
Just wondering how all ya'll Mac lovers like the new Yosemite, the Public Beta got released earlier I think? Here are some screens:

osx_yosemite-finder-view.jpg

os-x-yosemite-flat-buttons.jpg

The UI overall looks a lot modern and cleaner, and some features of it are pretty neat like the Handoff and Continuity. Apple have really come up with some cool stuff this time. To see more:

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I haven't downloaded it, but I watched the conference and really liked a lot of the new features.
The biggest being the ability to text/make phone calls along with receiving them due to me missing a lot of these as my phone is generally in my pocket or behind me on the side when on my mac

Kawaii

Jul 24, 2014
I haven't downloaded it, but I watched the conference and really liked a lot of the new features.
The biggest being the ability to text/make phone calls along with receiving them due to me missing a lot of these as my phone is generally in my pocket or behind me on the side when on my mac
Yeah I agree. That was probably my favourite feature as most of the time my iPhone is on charge and on silent away from me so it's hard to know when I'm getting texts or calls. I also liked the idea of a dark mode.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The new design actually looks like how most websites re-create the Mac interface. Looks really good.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
too basic and boring like most designs. I don't get why people think flat and boring is nice. Minimalism is nice but not like this.

Shorty

<insert title>
Jul 14, 2011
Loving the dark mode option, honestly considering I hardly use my MBP for anything more than browsing around, I really like the design.
System Preferences -> General -> Use dark menu bar and Dock

Users who are viewing this thread